The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Palmer Motorsports Park

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Is anyone planning to attend an event at this new track in MA?

[/url]http://www.palmermotorsportspark.com/default.aspx[/url]

There's a 5/15 event with HOD and a 5/16-17 with Del Val BMWCCA. I was watching some video on YouTube and the track looks very fun (technical and fast). My only hesitation is the lack of curbing / barriers and whether they will be completed in time for the events.

Please respond with thoughts / info on this track and /or if anyone is planning to go to these events.

dmichaels

Papa Smurf
CT
I am headed there on may 8 with northeast track days. It looks like a fun technical course although very little runout... Looking forward to trying it though!

It looks like Precision Track Time is going to be there on 4/10. I think I might do that one. Their events are awesome for intermediate and advanced drivers. Open track all day long with lunch included for $325.

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
I'll be there with the Audi NEQ club instructing this year, hopefully at least once more at some point just to drive. The runoff on this track will be very interesting, I see a number of spots in watching the videos where you really need to avoid going off or risk being ping-ponged back into traffic. There are MANY blind turns also. Our club has discussed this at length, there will be a lot of focus for beginners and novices about the more dangerous portions of the track.

BE CAREFUL OUT THERE ! ;-)

-Pete

Two Davids own the company. Really terrific folks.
Here is the contact for David Connelly. [email protected].

Instructing is not an easy task and these two guys really appreciate their instructors (and their clients).

I sent an email to Dave letting him know and pointing him to the thread.

dmichaels

Papa Smurf
CT
PeteInCT said:
I like to find out more about driving with you guys. Who should I contact?

Pete - you would like NTD events. Lots of track time and good organization. Come out on may 8th!

Signed up on Monday and will also be instructing. looks like a fun track. Weather looks awesome. See you guys tomorrow.

Matt

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
Did I torque down that damn sway bar at all points ?? :)

Tomorrow looks great, one novice student also. I hear there's no gas there. I'm thinking this track is going to drink gas like crazy...

-Pete

dmichaels

Papa Smurf
CT
PeteInCT said:
Did I torque down that damn sway bar at all points ?? :)

Tomorrow looks great, one novice student also. I hear there's no gas there. I'm thinking this track is going to drink gas like crazy...

-Pete

I'm not sure on the gas... yeah, the elevation change, but I don't think there will be a lot of heavy braking and heavy accelerating like Watkins or Thompson. It looks like there will be more "conservation of momentum" sort of like NYST, but who knows. I'm bringing 10 extra gallons :)

TMO Supporting Vendors