The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Park it or drive it?

Summer tires. Collectors item. Whatever the reason. What are you doing with your Boss over the winte

• Parking?

Votes: 30 44.8%
  • Driving?

Votes: 37 55.2%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Well it's Saturday and temp going up to 50 so the Boss comes out again today. It's one of my toys so I drive it for fun.

BossLS said:
Well it's Saturday and temp going up to 50 so the Boss comes out again today. It's one of my toys so I drive it for fun.

Where are you located? It's almost 50 today here in Dallas, but getting the car to hook up it kinda tuff with the R compound tires.

In New Jersey the temp has been mid 30"s in am rising to mid 40' in the afternoon. if no residual salt on roads I drive it. I want to keep the fluids circulating and the seals lubed rather than sitting for a few months. you do get the rears chattering for grip initially but they do seem to heat up enough after a couple of miles.

I didn't buy mine to just let it sit but not gonna drive it all the time either.I have owned mine for 2 months and have put 400 miles on it but has been raining alot so haven't got to get it out as much as I would like.I live in Alabama so snow is not a problem.

Drove out in the afternoon here in SC at 40F, was coming home at 26F about 10:00PM. All was well, just drove like my grandma on the way home. 3,700 miles now on her. I just have trouble not driving her on the week-end!!

Ok, finally read all the posts and I still say, unless there is salt on the road or it's snowing, drive it. I was working in Dallas today and when I came out it was snowing and sleeting. Drove my GT500 home to Fort Worth with no problems. WTF, where did the snow come from? ???

I got my S in late November. I have 1200 miles driving in a poorly shaped circle. :)

TMO Supporting Vendors