The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Parnelli Jones Signature

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I spoke with Paul Brown today and sent out the dash panel to have him sign. I should get it back withing the next couple of weeks giving me both drivers!!

Sweet. So what did the OEM dash piece cost?

5 DOT 0 said:
This brings up an interesting question. Why would you want PJ to sign your car? What real connection does he have with the new cars other than Ford pimping him for them? I don't mean any disrespect by that and I appreciate the original Boss 302's as much as the next guy. Does PJ really have any direct connection to our cars? Having CS sign your Shelby GT500 is different. His company is still involved in the design, production, and sales of Mustangs.

I previously suggested having Paul Brown sign mine. Paul won the 2011 World Challenge GTS class driving a 2012 Boss 302S. Wouldn't it make more sense to have him sign our cars? Just throwing that out there. :)
According to our Owner's Kit video, Parnelli was consulted by the Ford team that developed the new Boss and spent at least some time test driving the development cars. Looks like he was definitely involved in the process.

Boss3o2

5 DOT 0 said:
SUPRMN said:
If you watch the video sent with our owners package and read the book, Parnelli had a lot to do with the comeback of the Boss 302 in 2012. Ford basically stated, if Parnelli doesn't sign off on the project it won't happen. Now whether this adds value to the car or not is yet to be seen or determined. Right now I just need to find a way to have Paul Brown sign too.
No doubt it was nice having PJ sign and be involved with the approval process. My point is the reason why PJ is so well associated with the Boss is because he won the championship in 1970. Paul Brown did the same thing in 2011 with a 2012 Boss 302S although it not as visible of a series. No disrespect meant to PB but PJ has had a more storied racing career and thus a bigger draw.

One word - MARKETING :)

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
I think the signatures are partly a generational thing, as old farts like me would simply die to have Parnelli Jones's signature on a Boss. Frankly, there are some of us, myself included, that would revere his name on our cars as much as a Shelby owner would appreciata Carroll signing theirs. Chatting with some of the Ford Engineers, Parnelli had a pretty big impact with Ford and was definitely not window dressing.

The perfect compliment would be to have Paul Brown's signature on your car. Paul and I have been friends since back in the 80s when he was autocrossing , and he is still the laid back kid who grew up in Omaha , Nebraska. I saw him at Barrett-Jackson and he was still beaming from his World Challenge win and his boyish grin was still infectious about his privateer triumph!!! Could not happen to a nicer guy and it was even more rewarding that it came so many years after his first forays into World Challenge. If I remember correctly he placed in the top 10 over a decade ago -- 7th or 8th I think.

Paul is to many younger owners, what Parnelli was to my cadre of old farts, and I honestly can't think of another driver that embodies the love of the Mustang and Ford as much as Paul. Great ambassador for the Boss and a gentleman everyone would find a pleasure to be friends with. He is the little train that could, and in the annals of Championships, his is one won on talent not finances.

Now if we could get Tommy Kendall to sign also , that would be a triumpharant!!!

I have a 2013 SBY 302LS coming in and any info, emails etc to get it signed by PJ and PB would be great. Thank you!

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
I plan on bringing my panel to Laguna Seca in August to get hopefully Parneli, Dan Gurney, Bob Bodurant, Pete Brock and any other old timer Ford racer that will be attending the Historics honoring 50 years of the Shelby Cobra. I think it's a honor to carry the names of these brave guys onto the track when I drive. Their success in building and racing Fords in the 60s is one of the reasons we have cas like the Ford GT, GT 500 andBoss 302 Mustangs today.
Steve

TMO Supporting Vendors