The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Pass Recaro

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Isn't there a lever like the driver's side? If not, longer bolts and some washers/spacers may be the only way unless you want to get them a cushion (my gf made a custom one with some seat foam and microsuede liner for the Racetech in my track car). There was a guy who made custom height brackets for my old car, but I have not seen them for Mustangs yet. I actually want to lower my seat :p

To raise the seat you would have to modify the mounting brackets, such as cutting and welding in extensions to raise the seat. The front brackets attach vertically and would have to have extnesions welded on. tThe back brackets are horizontal and you could possibly put shims between the floor and the mounting bracket, along with a longer bolt to replace the stud. You might be able to use the complete mounting bracket from the drivers side seat and attach it to the passenger side seat? Lowering the seat is not too hard (as I have done it), but still reguires modifing the brackets. Problem with lowering is you can only go about 1/2" before the frame of the seat bottoms out on the flooor of the car.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel