The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

PATS ignition immobilizer reprogramming

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I had the same problem for over a year. It was the PCM relay. When it finally went out the PATS light was blinking and the car would not start and nothing worked. Had it towed to a ford dealer and they fixed it. Both keys worked without reprograming. Had a lot of codes to clear.

Update is was the starter. I'd replaced my functioning OE starter with a new PA Performance one ~12months ago as preventative maintenance. After getting the car towed the dealer found that the starter solenoid had failed. Never occurred to me it could be my almost new starter. It'll probably be the last time I buy a PA performance brand part. Now it's a $500 reminder to never to count out a defective new part as the culprit

TMO Supporting Vendors