The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Paul Brown Remembered

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Here's a nice article on Paul Brown and his racing legacy. He's the Parnelli Jones to the modern Boss 302's and I proudly wear his number on my Boss at track days.

http://www.stangtv.com/history/remembering-a-legend-the-racing-achievements-of-paul-brown/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=remembering-a-legend-the-racing-achievements-of-paul-brown

2015-07-08_19-17-23-640x427.jpg
2015-07-08_19-24-55-400x555.jpg

I wish you guys understood how special that 2011 Championship win was on so many levels. Little known fact is that Paul had never won a World Challenge race until 2011 despite participating in them from almost the beginning!

We shared some very special moments and working with Paul to win the 2011 championship is truly the highpoint of my career.

Man I miss Paul....... RIP buddy.......

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
Wilson:

The 5 wins that Paul Brown put together during the Championship season is something I will always remember.

I'm truly sorry that we lost him in his prime at such a young age. I can say this only as a fan and customer, and I can't begin to imigaine the loss of Paul from his family and friends. Truly a tragic loss.

You are very fortunate to have known and to have raced with Paul Brown, (Rest in Peace).

May God be with you and his family.
Dave
302 Hi Pro

GB899

NO REGRETS
Nebraska
Thanks for the link...

I had the honor of of being on Paul's pit crew when he went to get his SCCA competition license at Gateway Raceway Park outside of St Louis many years ago... he lost his job so he could go that weekend... he accomplished a lot in a garage built 79 mustang coupe set up for the new American Sedan class - broke the car twice that weekend... he shared seat time with his partner in crime Frank Safranek... Frank still tracks the car... I consider my time with Paul and Frank a special part of my life and think of Paul often... I wore the original "BS Racing" smurf killer team "uniform" under my fire suit at track attack so he could help me in spirit... I was fortunate to be able to call Paul a friend...

R.I.P.

TMO Supporting Vendors