The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Paul Brown/Tiger Racing Boss Plus Spoiler

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cholmes1

400lb Gorilla
Denver, CO
I am looking to purchase a Boss Plus spoiler and was curious if any of our affiliates carry them? In searching only Kenny Brown and Chicane23 have them listed. Ultimately, I am trying to find the best price and am hoping TMO has a deal with one of them or another vendor with access.

Thank you for any help you can provide!

I don’t think so. Have you seen one in person? It’s a bit chunky looking.

cholmes1

400lb Gorilla
Denver, CO
I have not seen one in person. In photos they look more substantial and functional than the Steeda and other non-G Stream options.

Could you please elaborate on ‘chunky?’

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
You could always buy a spare trunk lid if your worried about holes like a few members here have. After all it's just money at last I checked, it still grows on trees! :D

I like the GT 250 wing better too. Maybe something in carbon fiber. Unfortunately, it's winter and my money trees are bare.

I don't understand the $1,700 price of the APR, or the $1,950 price of the G-Stream units. Is it the carbon fiber that makes them so expensive?

Has anyone looked at the 9 lives racing wing's? You can spec out the entire thing for just under $1,000

cholmes1

400lb Gorilla
Denver, CO
54F778D9-1E5A-4A1A-9B58-815594E8F7B5.jpeg
I appreciate everyone’s insights but I am looking for something more low profile. This image is from Multimatic in their Boss 302R/GT4 section (https://multimaticmotorsports.com/multimatic-technical/ford-mustang-gt4/) Any idea what wing this is? I looks similar to the Steeda wing to my eye. I really like the wing on the new Shelby GT4 but information on the wing and it manufacturer has been difficult to track down.

That's the Steeda wing. Why not use the same wing as the race car vs the Tiger wing? Looks are subjective but I've seen the Tiger wing in person several times and I'm not a fan of the looks. I suggest you find one local to you and check it out before ordering. On the Steeda wing I believe it was the 05-09 wing used on the 302R. It doesn't have any appreciable more downforce than the LS wing but the pros liked the end plates for more stability while braking from high speeds. At least that's what I recall from my conversation about it with a Ford engineer but that was years ago.

https://www.steeda.com/mustang-wings-spoilers

Here's the GTC APR wings that many use and they are lower.

http://aprperformance.com/racing-product/gtc-series-adjustable-wings/

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Sometimes the issue is not completely based on looks , but function. If you are looking for downforce function why not ask if the wings were Wind Tunnel tested or just done by computer? Regardless if you are more interested in appearance, might as well just get what you like?

cholmes1

400lb Gorilla
Denver, CO
Thank you for the feedback, Bill. Appearance is certainly a factor since the car does not go to the track all that often but if I’m changing the wing I certainly want to be functional. I do not see anything on the APR site in regards to actual windtunnel testing but they do have ample computer simulations, user testimonials, etc.

Given the similar price points between the two, I would prefer G-stream given the work they did with Ford and that they are OEM equipment on the 302S. That said, they do not have any lower profile wing supports like APR (Thank you Kirk for those links) and my storage location would not allow for a wing of that height.

I assume it is not wise to alter wing supports to suit my needs as it may cause unpleasant aerodynamic effects.

Thoughts? Has anyone altered the wing supports and still had the wing be safe and effective?

Last edited:

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Another thought , of course, would be a spoiler as another option -- less money and some of them can definitely give you a change in appearance.

Good source for your support questions could be some of the Forum sponsors on the sidebar, as many of them track Mustangs and good chance they have had this question come up with some of their customers?

TMO Supporting Vendors