The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Paul Walker's Daughter Files Wrongful Death Lawsuit Against Porsche

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This is a sad situation any way you slice it but it's also sad that nobody can accept blame for their own actions. We'll see how far this one gets.

http://www.autoblog.com/2015/09/29/paul-walker-daughter-wrongful-death-suit/

b39e6757a15f415497bbda04051361e3.jpeg

DEye

You can't get there from here...
It is very unfortunate and we all would like it if these things this did not happen but he was a passenger in someone else's car !!
Sue them !

the belt "snapped Walker's torso back with thousands of pounds of force, thereby breaking his ribs and pelvis,"

Man this crap pisses me off...I guess she already spent all her inheritance?

HIS BODY exerted 1000lbs of force on the belt, that poor belt was just doing its job! The belt can generate 0 energy. Someone slap this twit and giver her a physics lesson. Where is Bill Nye when you need him?!

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Texas
She is only 16 and has recently lost her father. I don't hold any fault on her; she has experienced something traumatic and is no doubt receiving bad advice from those around her. Roger was completely at fault for this accident but it's not about placing the blame; that won't bring either one of them back. Let the family mourn the loss and keep his legacy alive. I did not know Paul but he seemed to be a good man and a decent human being. I would say better than most of the hollywood actors of our day. Rest in peace Paul, you were a good human being.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
Any time a 16 year old loses a father...it's wrong.

Does the fault belong with The car manufacturer? No.

I know there are lawyers who read this site. Sorry, but let me vent here.

Would any 16 year old bring a case to court without a lawyer representing, advising, encouraging, prodding, plotting etc.??? Doubtful.

I have had conversations with lawyers and a judge or two. All agree that a lawyer has to be A Moral at times to do their job. I guess they are right. Especially in this case.

Does the 16 year old young lady really need to be Dragged through court and AGAIN experience the horrors of her fathers death?? I would not want my daughter to experience this AGAIN!! And yes, in my career field a horrible death is too common. I have advised my wife and daughter to Let Go if I don't come back whole.

Let's hope this case is settled before any more permanent damage is suffered by the Walker family!

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Texas
How is she in idiot? She was 15 when her dad died? You really think she came up with the idea to sue Porsche based on it being an unsafe vehicle? I don't know any 15 year old girls that are familiar with vehicle safety and engineering. Of course when I have a daughter she will know everything about cars but that's beside the point :)

At 16 you know what you are doing and if she follows a lawyer on this track she is an idiot.
Nowadays people only claim rights and refuse any responsibility...
But that is just my opinion of course and I don't expect anyone to agree.

patrickshelby said:
At 16 you know what you are doing and if she follows a lawyer on this track she is an idiot.

Thats a really harsh statement. But you do have that right as we all do.
At 16 years of age she is still a child just starting to see the changing real world as it is. She has to try to feel her way through this weather right or wrong. This does not make her a bad person. As others have stated: she is more than likey getting bad advice. She will find her way in life hopefully. The sad part is that these are the cards that were dealt to her.
Very easy to miss judge a person looking from the outside. I just pray that she learns and it makes her a stronger person. No Kid should have to loose there parent at that young of age. But it happens.
Bottom line is we are all NOT PERFECT!

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel