The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!
Jun

PCA Potomac's Pitt Race DE

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
MD
Oh I didnt realize that or maybe I forgot but I was planning on July 7th. Unfortunately I just found out I cannot register because I dont qualify for the White group even though I have had multiple solo events at Main. I understand as I have never driven with them before. I will see about the second one in July with the Blue group.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Florida
Better move, we fill up really fast.
I'll be at SP Main with the BMW-NJ event on 7/15-16. I have a conflict for the first one and trying to get cleared for the second.

You might want to look at the BMW event, the roster does not look full to me.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Florida
How many track days do you have?
Potomac is sticky if you don't have a history driving in their events. Hopefully all of your experience is on driving evals or motorsportreg.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
MD
How many track days do you have?
Potomac is sticky if you don't have a history driving in their events. Hopefully all of your experience is on driving evals or motorsportreg.
I have 10+. HDPE2 with NASA and Intermediate with SCCA and Group B with HOD.

I understand where they are coming from as it’s a safety concern. Just unfortunate for me. Been trying to do more SCCA and NASA events since those are more recognizable when explaining driving level to other groups. If possible I would even pay the registration for white group and have an instructor with me for the first session. If I still don’t qualify I’ll be okay with them sending me home. Oh well. I will just sign up for an SCCA event or FATT with SP

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Florida
As you know, NASA Mid Atlantic does not use Motorsportreg so that's part of the problem.

Add PCA Potomac to your clubs on Motorsportreg. Go to edit and add your track days to the page. That might help.

If you sign up for Blue and demonstrate the ability that your experience indicates they will move you up by Sunday, more likely than not.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Florida
Well the weather gods took care of us and not a single session lost to the rain.
Pitt Race is nothing like old Beaver Run. Paddock is paved, garages are available, facilities are excellent. Well worth the 4 hour trip.
Here are a couple of pics showing some of the elevations changes and taking one of those Porsche products coming out of turn 1.
IMG_7708.JPGIMG_6913.JPGIMG_2010.JPG

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel