The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

PDX at summit march9-10

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pufferfish

Supporting Vendor
Maryland
Anyone thinking about doing this event? I have a hospital tour on Saturday for the impending birth of #4, but will be instructing on Sunday. It would be nice to have a mustang driving student.

Sesshomurai

pufferfish said:
Anyone thinking about doing this event? I have a hospital tour on Saturday for the impending birth of #4, but will be instructing on Sunday. It would be nice to have a mustang driving student.

I might go. I havent done an scca event yet.

UPDATE: It's supposed to snow a good bit here on Wednesday....fyi...not sure how it goes into the weekend.

pufferfish

Supporting Vendor
Maryland
yeah, i have been watching the weather. i am supposed to be travelling to south west virginia tuesday night for a meeting wednesday morning. i am worried i won't make it back wednesday night (my only form of transportation right now is the mustang). if we get dumped on hard, it may take weeks to melt it off. the good news is saturday is supposed to be 52 and sunny at summit! not sure on sunday yet since the iphone only gives me 6 days...stupid iphone!

i was thinking about doing the club trials as well on sunday, but it think i will hold off.

I'm scheduled for the Friday at the track the 26 of April, it'll be my first time out. We'll see whether this will lead me down the brier path or not. I wanted to make sure the weather cooperated as in no snow.

pufferfish

Supporting Vendor
Maryland
I won't make any events in April...my wife's 9th month of pregnancy. Maybe something late may?

Late May won't work for me, the inlaws will be in from Germany and l'ii be on lock down until they leave. My father inlaw need someone to drink beer with. :)

I didn't know you were an instructor there. I have Friday at the track on the 26 April. Really looking forward to it. I've never been on a track, I'm so green I look seasick. :)

pufferfish

Supporting Vendor
Maryland
yeah, i wish i could make it. don't worry yourself about it. the FATT events are well run and very informative. thats where i got my start. they will take care of you. just leave the stability control on. its does a very good job of correcting small mistakes. just take it easy and keep your eyes up. look as far forward as you can. its practically rule #1. you are going to have the most fun you can with your clothes on! get ready to become the next addict!

I'm not worried, I can't wait to be able drive to my limit and not worry about cops or amish buggys on the road. Just kidding about the buggy's, don't see those around these part's but I've come up behind few people that seem like they are riding in one. I have no doubt I'll have fun. I just don't know what to expect or what I should bring in regards to the car. I have 8k easy miles on my original tires and another 8k left on them and I'm wondering if they will be bald when I leave there.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel