The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Pemberton to retire from the Car Business after 30+ years!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
To be quite frank, this is an extremely hard thread to post , as once you make a decision that it is time to move on to another phase of your life, you wake up and realize with a vividness you did not realize , how much fun you have had being involved daily in the automotive field. I guess since I am in Nebraska I will have to be content to be in the cornfield, ha. Damn, this is hard to joke about , but it has been something I have known was coming over 2 years ago when I initially planned on retiring. Woodhouse Auto Family let me formulate my own job on how I could continue to help my friends, customers and the company and they gave me free rein to work on keeping the relationships we had built over the years, as well as making some new ones. Though they wanted me to stay , I felt the time was right for me to move on and thankfully I can still come here to hang out with friends, racers, and fellow Stangophiles!! Crazy thing is my email ( [email protected] ) will go dead after 26+ years in June, so a personal conversation will be about the only way some of you will be able to contact me , unless you have my phone number. Quite a few of you here at TMO have purchased vehicles from Woodhouse , and though I will not be employed there anymore, please do contact me and I will be able to tell you who you should talk to if you have an interest at any of the 18 Stores we have.

I have to say that since my job actually became an extension of my love affair with the automobile, being able to hang here with so many friends , carwackos, tech savvy racers, etc. will make the transition easier. I am still here to help and enjoy the camaraderie on TMO, but I wanted you to be one of the first to know of my change in my work environment --- now it will mainly be honey do's!

This was much harder than I figured, as one comes to the realization that you are closing one door, and opening another in an unknown void, but I sincerely feel that the customers, friends, members, here on TrackMustangsOnline will make things easier going forward.

Respectfully,
Bill Pemberton

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
Congratulations Bill. I'm sure the Woodhouse family will miss you but from what I know about recent retirees, they're like boomerangs and often hang out with their coworkers just the same. You and Liz have great tymes to look forward to in these twilight years and I know you, you'll stay busy to keep your mind active. Enjoy!

See you at the track soon.

Kirk

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Oh, I know I will be sending a lot of friends to different Stores at Woodhouse , but the fun thing for me is I will be helping them negotiate with the Dealer,now, ha. Heh, you know I will need folks to help me change my tires and stuff, so gotta keep my track friends happy and that would be an easy way to pass it forward.

Fortunately I have two volunteer jobs that include racing , so that will help me get over not being at the Store.

JDee

Ancient Racer
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
5 miles from Mosport
Bill, you clearly love what you did and you're very lucky you were able to make your work into a labour of love. I spent far too many years doing a job I really didn't like but the money kept me at it. When I was financially able to walk away from that and do stuff I really enjoyed doing it truly was a life changing experience. You close one door and open another one to a life that will be equally rewarding and enjoyable, just in a different and hopefully better way. Congrats and welcome to the old retired guy's club!

Ludachris

Chris
Staff member
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Newcastle, CA
To be quite frank, this is an extremely hard thread to post , as once you make a decision that it is time to move on to another phase of your life, you wake up and realize with a vividness you did not realize , how much fun you have had being involved daily in the automotive field. I guess since I am in Nebraska I will have to be content to be in the cornfield, ha. Damn, this is hard to joke about , but it has been something I have known was coming over 2 years ago when I initially planned on retiring. Woodhouse Auto Family let me formulate my own job on how I could continue to help my friends, customers and the company and they gave me free rein to work on keeping the relationships we had built over the years, as well as making some new ones. Though they wanted me to stay , I felt the time was right for me to move on and thankfully I can still come here to hang out with friends, racers, and fellow Stangophiles!! Crazy thing is my email ( [email protected] ) will go dead after 26+ years in June, so a personal conversation will be about the only way some of you will be able to contact me , unless you have my phone number. Quite a few of you here at TMO have purchased vehicles from Woodhouse , and though I will not be employed there anymore, please do contact me and I will be able to tell you who you should talk to if you have an interest at any of the 18 Stores we have.

I have to say that since my job actually became an extension of my love affair with the automobile, being able to hang here with so many friends , carwackos, tech savvy racers, etc. will make the transition easier. I am still here to help and enjoy the camaraderie on TMO, but I wanted you to be one of the first to know of my change in my work environment --- now it will mainly be honey do's!

This was much harder than I figured, as one comes to the realization that you are closing one door, and opening another in an unknown void, but I sincerely feel that the customers, friends, members, here on TrackMustangsOnline will make things easier going forward.

Respectfully,
Bill Pemberton
Bill, I'm sure it's bittersweet for you. Just know that those around you will do whatever they (we) can to help you find that there is plenty of adventure left for you in the next phase of your journey. Knowing your personality and your attitude, you won't have a difficult time making anything you do a positive experience. You're obviously aware that you've been lucky to have such a long rewarding career doing something you're passionate about - congratulations on that. Not everyone can say that. On to the next part of the journey!

On a side note - about your email account with Woodhouse... if it goes away you won't have a way of getting email notifications from TMO. If you need help finding a replacement email account for your online activity, let me know.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
Bill

Hard call. I expect you will stay in the Car Guy game just as much as always. Track days spent coaching, mentoring and telling good stories.

I am looking forward to experiencing some of that wisdom again at the Round Up in October.

Last edited:

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Thanks for the kind words Tracy, and it is definitely a good thing the Mustang Roundup is not till October, cuz figure it will take this aging cerebellum till then ta figure out sum wisdumb!!!

xr7

TMO Addict?
Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Minnesota
Congrats Bill. I here ya, walking away from work you love doing is not easy. Trucks got under my skin as a young boy and gave me a great varied career. I spent 52 years prepping for this. I miss the work, but not the BS.

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Happy Retirement!!! Even the word Re Tire has track conotations!! Enjoy the next phase of your life and happy adventures! Am sure many of them will involve four wheels and thumping engines.

Apex Wheels

Race Proven, Street Approved
Supporting Vendor
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Bay Area, CA
Hey Bill, congrats on all your success throughout the years and enjoy your well-deserved retirement! You can take the man out of the car business, but you can't take the car business out of the man.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Philly Metro Area
Congratulations Bill! You don't seem like a guy that will let grass grow between your feet so I'm sure you'll find plenty of stuff to keep you in trouble! Enjoy your new opportunities! I hope they can arrange a not too socially distant retirement party for you.

Chris

Congrats sir, still may be reaching out to you about what we spoke about a few weeks ago, just been busy with landscaping on the weekends since then and taking on a new position at work. You have really helped me with stuff with my car and am always here to help out, just let me know what you need. I'm no NASCAR crew member but i can change tires and brakes with the best of them.

Respectfully,
Bill Pemberton
Congratulations, I know the feeling you must be having. In 2012 I was medically retired from the army. It was all I had ever wanted to since I was 5. It was exciting to be retiring and being free to pursue my next career, but it was very sad for me as well being that I wasn't really ready to stop yet and I was having the time of my life...up until the injuries. But you will enjoy the next chapter and I wish you the best. Feel free to message me if you need/want to vent or talk

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Ha, ha Carver , and not sure about racing with new tires all the time, but damn good acronym.

12CoBoss --- absolutely no problem, and I am still here to help TMO members and friends if they want anything from Woodhouse. I may not be working there after June 1st, but I can sure tell individuals on who they should talk to, plus I can make sure Mgmt. knows each individual is a HUGE friend of mine from TMO and they better not screw it up, ha,ha.

TMO Supporting Vendors