The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Pemberton to retire from the Car Business after 30+ years!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Byron.........I am on day two, cleaned up the garage some, mowed the yard, it is getting close to 4, so not long before a Martini for Liz and a glass of Cab for me out on the deck! This really sucks ......

Oh, yeh, I put my car cover on the race car since I left it over at my son's house , and he dropped it off last night. I was going to tell you I took a dump earlier and figured what the hell, my wife is in the other room and can't yell at me , " TMI!!"

Bay Area
Good for you Bill. You'll get in the pace and figure out a routine soon. I work but I my schedule is so loose I feel semi retired. I haven't used an alarm except for track days and go to my showroom only as needed. Its a blessing and a curse but I fill my time with cars, a few beers, bicycle rides, etc. It was hard at first because I am a creature if habit and like a set schedule but I worked it out and enjoy it now. And whats your favorite Cab?

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Bryron, Woodhouse Auto Family gave me such an insane and flexible schedule ( whichI suggested for the last 2.5 years ) that I was almost able to blend retirement and work into the same package, so I really am finding things pretty simple. Honestly, it helps that there are a couple of Forums I really enjoy and I am active with NASA and SCCA and a member of the Guardrail Club at Motorsports Park Hastings. There is/was plenty to do till this damn Covid thing hit all of us. We have an Autocross coming in a couple of weeks and that should be fun since my son has done some wicked things on his EVO 9. He corner weighted it on Sunday and he is at 2970 lbs , with AWD and 425 hp ----- it causes cajones to go backward when the turbo kicks in. Looking forward to zipping through the pylons in his beast and then there is an event at the end of the month at Heartland Park . Then I will get to test out the new MCS suspension Palmer Motorsports Development just installed on the Boss S. So retirement should actually be full time Trackraticus Pyschobabbletherapy , and once in full tilt boogie overdrive I won't give a crap what day it is. Actually hoping in the next few years to wander around to some other areas of the US of A and hang out with a bunch of you Mustangoronies and just have fun , tell BS stories about how fast we are/were , and just soak up the atmosphere one can often only get at a track.

PS - my favorite Cab is anything my buddies in Cali send me ,haha!! I am committed to help support the State after only a year from their terrible drought and fires. Upstanding citizen , ain't I, ha!

Bay Area
@Bill Pemberton text me your address. And to you member out there that dont know. This Is what TMO is about. Bill and I have never met and one day we will. I have meet some really good friends from here and anyone I have met on TMO has always been a solid person, in person. OH BTW, Bill it might have squirrel poop on it but he is a tree squirrel so he's not a varmint like those damn ground squirrels .

Congratulations on your retirement and sorry I missed this earlier. I highly recommend retirement. Since I retired I still don't have enough time to do everything I want to and I hope you have the same problem! :)

TMO Supporting Vendors