The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Perfect weekend at Carolina Motorsports Park

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GA
I was out at Carolina Motorsports Park this weekend along with "BlueMax" Matt and a couple of other Tara Mustang Club members. We all had a blast and the weather was perfect. I spied couple of white '12 Bosses who I do not believe are BMO members.

I was placed in the high-intermediate group and was signed off for solo - that made me feel like I have really come a long way since my first track day a few years ago. I had a great instructor and learned a few new things that helped increase my speed. The Boss aero on my GT made a HUGE difference on track at high speed. The faster I went the more the car seemed to hunker down. The chief instructor, a NASA-SE champion, even paid me a compliment on the way out Sunday that he had been watching me that afternoon and told me I was really laying down some laps. I definitely felt faster than when I drove the Bullitt last time. All in all it was a great weekend.

I will post the video when it is uploaded, but here are some pictures:

DSCN3897.jpg

DSCN3898.jpg

DSCN3889.jpg

DSCN3899.jpg

DSCN3903.jpg

IMG_7858.jpg

IMG_8095.jpg

IMG_8096.jpg

IMG_8360.png

IMG_8097.jpg

Georgia
Nice pictures Ken, thanks for sharing! I look pretty good out there. ;D

The weather was perfect for Saturday and Sunday with sunny skys, temps in the upper 70's to low 80's and a slight breeze. Couldn't ask for better conditions.

The white Boss was my instructor, David Thackery. I got to ride with him on one session and he can really throw that car around. Maybe some day I will be that good.

GA
cloud9 said:
Looks good Ken 8) What's with the "runway lights" inside the curbing on the apexes ???

Thanks Gary! I don't know - this is the only track I have been on that has them. Maybe they are trying to keep people off the inside of the gators?

TMO Supporting Vendors