The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Perfecting The Overtake

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hey all - we do a lot of free in-depth articles at Racers360. I'm not sure if this is against any rules but I wanted to post as I know many here will find them helpful and already read them. If this is against any rules please delete my post!

https://racers360.com/blog/timing-the-perfect-overtake/

This week we take a deep dive into the four critical elements of the perfect pass. If there are any questions please leave a comment or if you think anything should be added let me know!!!

See you on track,
Dion von Moltke

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Coming from a Representative of AARP ( American Association of Racing People , dontcha know), I definitely vote for Racing 360 to drop in these tidbits to perfect our racing skillset anytime they would like. For those of us with a bit more maturity on our belts ( ok, the old farts ) , we recognize the sad fact that our reflexes are not what they used to be, but this article emphasizes the key point of how mental racing truly is. Patience behind a driver often gives you time to ascertain any weaknesses in a racer's driving style , and if he/she has an area you can exploit? It also can reward you in understanding the risks associated with some driver's behavior , so you can determine if the areas to pass could even be worth attempting. Key here is most of us are amateurs and winning a race is still important to most of us, but winning at all costs is not. The points taken in this article clearly are more helpful than many I have read , as Racer 360 has taken the time to break down the logical difference we should all address due to our skill set and the end result as amateur racers. Looking forward to more wisdom from Dion and crew and thanks for alerting us to another benefit from your company!

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Very good analysis and I quite like the "amateur implications" section of that as well. One other important thing that I think a lot of us club-level peons fail to realize when the visor goes down is that (for the most part), we are racing our own bank accounts. I don't think a lot of the people out there today consider the consequences of pushing a marginal situation too far for both themselves as well as anyone else involved. The pros make it look easy because if they ball up one car or get taken out, they "just go get another car" before the next race.

This also emphasizes the "know who you are racing" portion of the article.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel