The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Perforated block at the track....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Monaca Pa
0D59F529-F538-457D-978C-74B0515E3F7F.jpeg
Yes!! No way I would not hang a Chinese guy called Wang out to hang..... or expose myself either. The Wang (the Nine lives wing...) looks great and will be installed for the next race.

I met this young guy at Pittsburgh International Race Complex during the Shelby event and then at Woodward cruise. He’s in school (college) and he’s from China . And his name is
Xian Wang lol. Look at his license plate.

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Ok, mercury aside..... (still can't get over that....)..... Found a new place to stretch the credit card.... talking to Ben Calimer about a G-force forged gear MT82.... Even with the 23mm spline is good upto 700hp... Getting tired of repairing the regular grenade boxs... Totaled up the cost of my spare tranny... and it comes to 50% of the new G-force just in parts......

this would leave the car ready for a Paxton or Procharger set up with 600 rwhp one day.... in the distant future.

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Yes, a complete tranny and he was kind since already bought two stage 2's from him before. Nice guy, but you have to call him, emails etc just dont get to him, too busy i guess..

I have said it before, and I will mention it again.
Call Rockland Standard Gear. Ask for Mike Maida in Racing department. Tell him Bruno sent you. Talk to him and listen.
Order a Tranzilla and be done with your transmission woes forever. Period.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
+1 I would not waste my time and money upgrading the MT82 with the amount of serious tracking you do. Get a T56 Magnum XL, put a cooler on it, never worry again.

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
I guess my idea is to leave everything relatively safe for a 7950 redline. At least for the last second passes, that should get me almost 140 mph in 4th.

Last edited:

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
was going over the parts... last time we built the engine we ordered BR3E-6K868 D oil squirters... But they hit the pistons, so we left them out for lack of time.... The part had the number BR3E-EA stamped on it. Wondering if any one had a clue??? Tasca has been making lots of little errors lately.

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Well as we put everything together... Having a issue with the K1 conrods and the Wiesco pistons.. They rub with the oil squiter jets.. Is a this common problem??? Might have to use the original block off plates and have one fabricated out of a oi jet (the broken con rod took it out).

Could bend the jets pipes out of the way but...... maybe better off with out.....

TMO Supporting Vendors