The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Performance White in CA registering!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hi all,

This appears to be the most track oriented site out there for the Boss 302. In the 8 months or so since I've been researching this car I don't know how many cloud9/5 DOT 0 posts I've read. Long time lurker, now part of the family.

First time Ford AND domestic owner. Test drove the Boss and fell in love (was serious about buying but not going to buy a car I can't drive a little beforehand first). Bought it minutes after my test drive! Coming from a high strung 4 cylinder Acura, this feeling of torque everywhere is amazing.

Trying to make the car almost exclusively track only but the amenities are still nicer than my decade old Acura.

Is it just me or does the stock brake pedal feel a little mushy? Might be a little air, but I'm gonna replace with DOT 4 fluid anyhow.

Anyhow onto the part every wants to see, pictures! Credit goes to my awesome photographer friend Andrew Paules. Thanks for listening!

2012_05_23_stang_0006.png

2012_05_23_stang_0013.png

2012_05_23_stang_0016.png

2012_05_23_stang_0021.png

2012_05_23_stang_0023.png

2012_05_23_stang_0030.png

2012_05_23_stang_0034.png

2012_05_23_stang_0036.png

2012_05_23_stang_0039.jpg

- Frank

Hi Frank, congratulations and welcome to BMO. Is that Del Mar in the background? You've found the right place and just follow Gary's lead and you'll be fine. ;)

Congrats and your friend IS a great photographer. Great shots!

I agree on the brake pedal feel. One of the first (and few ;D) mods was to install Goodridge SS lines. You'll firm that pedal right up with those.

You can actually see part of LAX in the background of the rear 3/4ish shot. As far as I understand it those "burnt" planes are to train firefighters so they know how put out a landed plane that's on fire. :eek:

Southern CA is a strange place, I see tons of M3s, new 911 S', even the occasional Viper but I've only seen a single Boss on the street.

fduboss302 said:
You can actually see part of LAX in the background of the rear 3/4ish shot. As far as I understand it those "burnt" planes are to train firefighters so they know how put out a landed plane that's on fire. :eek:

Southern CA is a strange place, I see tons of M3s, new 911 S', even the occasional Viper but I've only seen a single Boss on the street.
Last year I was spending a lot of time in Westwood. Each time I was there I'd see more Porsche Panameras than Beetles.

Boss3o2

Nice! Congrats bud! I purchased my Boss 302 at Tuttle Click as well. Did you deal with Joe or Dean?

Boss3o2

fduboss302 said:
Boss3o2 said:
Nice! Congrats bud! I purchased my Boss 302 at Tuttle Click as well. Did you deal with Joe or Dean?

Trevor. I think he might be the Internet guy. Love that dealership.

Yeah, they treated me well and gave me a great deal on my LS.

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
Gary nailed it, SS lines makes a big difference - more than you would think. Also, if you switch to true race pads with a good early bite you won't get as much of a 'mooshy' sense through the pedal also. Warning: If you ask for pads recommendations you may cause the servers on this site to crash with posts ;D

As for the restrictor plates, you'll need to take out the plastic do-dads (forgot what they called them) that sit behind the side pipes, as they will melt. This is recommended practice as stated by Ford for tracking the car. I run with mine out all the time, others like the stock plates in or variations thereof to get different tones and levels of volume. In in all I believe there's a concensus that any decision on this has little to no bearing on power to the rear wheels.

Congrats on your new ride !

Welcome,

I found air in my brakes when I flushed them before tracking it, I also had air in my clutch line. Might want to give it a squeeze when you do the brakes. And don't run stock pads at the track if you can avoid it, just get real pads if it is a track car.

TMO Supporting Vendors