The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Pericek Signs Off on GT350 Engineering

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

We should start seeing more preproduction vehicles running around soon. The order banks should be open by June if not sooner.

"Pericak said last week he signed off on the final engineering of the GT350 and GT350R Mustangs which customers will be able to order soon."

http://www.freep.com/story/money/cars/ford/2015/02/27/ford-gt-tops-list-performance-vehicles/24141469/

And more comments in the following article.

http://www.autonews.com/article/20150227/BLOG06/150229858/why-does-ford-race?-because-it-can

Getting excited and need to start getting serious about color selection. Still not hearing anything on quantities, especially the R version. Could they be limiting production to a number tied to a racing series that requires a minimum number of production vehicles be produced? When you read these comments in the article, it makes you wonder why Ford won't just produce as many as people want to order.......

Ford wants to take advantage of a 70% increase in automaker performance vehicle sales in the U.S. and a 14% increase in Europe. The vehicles attract new and younger customers; half of which end up buying another Ford, and also retains current customers, Paricek said in a presentation to the Automotive Press Association Friday.

the second piece mentions GT350R carbon fiber seats (as well as wheels)...I hadn't seen anything prior to this about CF seats. It would be awesome to see a real (fixed-back) racing seat on the car stock.

Re: quantities...I'm thinking that the GT350 will be relatively plentiful (they'll build as many as people want to buy) but the R will be limited, primarily, by supply-side constraints.

cloud9 said:
Getting excited and need to start getting serious about color selection. [/i]

same here...gravitating to white as it seems so classic gt350 and I like white cars...but feeling like I should mix it up a bit after my white boss.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel