The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Perma Plate and extended warranty

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

So I got talked into getting Perma Plate but upon some further research I read everywhere that this is pretty much some sort of scam and that I'd probably be better off getting a Zaino pack and some cans of interior protector and save myself 500+ dollars. Should I try to get my money back for this? The car isn't here yet so I'm hoping I can. Opinions?

What about the extended warranty? I know this can be canceled, even pro-rata. Should I keep these things or try to get rid of it. It's quite a few car payments....

Advice?

no and no. buy nothing from the shady finance guy at the dealer in fact you really should get your own financing and not deal with that slime at all.

but that's just my 2c.

Jeff said:
no and no. buy nothing from the shady finance guy at the dealer in fact you really should get your own financing and not deal with that slime at all.

but that's just my 2c.

I did get a finance deal I wasn't going to get anywhere else (3.99% is really good for someone with only 3y of credit history on file) so in that respect I'm happy. I'll try to get rid of the other stuff.

Thanks!

If you do Track Key, the extended warranty might not cover the drivetrain. There has been a lot of argument both ways, but best to be aware there is a question.

Ok so the Perma Plate is no good? For some dumb CA regulations reason I'm not allowed to wash my car here where I live so I am not sure how I'd properly prepare to do a Zaino treatment or something else good myself instead. I do want to protect my paint and the decals right from the start. The sun burns like crazy here in CA. I don't know of any place where I can have a proper sealant / polish job done...

TheMarco said:
Ok so the Perma Plate is no good? For some dumb CA regulations reason I'm not allowed to wash my car here where I live so I am not sure how I'd properly prepare to do a Zaino treatment or something else good myself instead. I do want to protect my paint and the decals right from the start. The sun burns like crazy here in CA. I don't know of any place where I can have a proper sealant / polish job done...

Omg! You can't wash your car where you live. Talk about big gov. Wow. Sometimes I wonder why people even consider living in California. With cost of living, taxes, insane environmental laws etc etc you might as well name it calieurope! I'll wash mine twice this week for you. Then fill up with $3.80 93 octane fuel and then modify my exhaust with no worries of crazy emissions testing. Ahh, at least somewhere in the USA is still sane.

You sure it isn't some BS your apartment/condo association came up with? I've never heard of a law against washing cars, but we do prohibit our tenants from doing it.

CaliMR said:
You sure it isn't some BS your apartment/condo association came up with? I've never heard of a law against washing cars, but we do prohibit our tenants from doing it.

I'm not sure I should probably asked again. But a few years back I was washing my '68 and my asshole neighbor (who later got evicted) felt the need to 'report' me and the people from the leasing office were quick to come tell me how I was breaking the rules with my two little buckets of water.

I think it had something to do with the complex being not gated which renders the parking lot and the roads around it 'public streets'.

Then again, when the Boss is here I may just do it again. I'm surrounded by people who are loud, don't pay rent, have 'prohibited' dogs and whatnot so...

As for the Perma Plate: I'm gonna ask my money back. Will keep you guys posted on whether I get it back or they are going to give me a hard time about it.

I'll leave the warranty for now. It's the official Ford one and it can be revoked, and it's even pro-rata so before I hit 36k miles I can always get that back if I feel I have to.

TheMarco said:
As for the Perma Plate: I'm gonna ask my money back. Will keep you guys posted on whether I get it back or they are going to give me a hard time about it.

I'll leave the warranty for now. It's the official Ford one and it can be revoked, and it's even pro-rata so before I hit 36k miles I can always get that back if I feel I have to.
The Perma plate costs the dealer about 25 bucks. You are getting a 500 dollar wax job. They will put swirl marks in your paint, because the minimum wage prep guys don't care. They are many great products that are mentioned here that will work better.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
what if you buy a bunch of bottled water and use that to wash the car with? do you live in a desert or something? I know around here they will sometimes put out not to wash your car if there is a drought. never heard of year round cant wash your car type of thing.

I have had to resort to bucket washing at a car wash before when I used to live in APTs yeah people give you the stink eye but its better than nothing.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
When I sold a white Boss to a gentleman from Omaha, the Ford Service Contract Rep happened to be at the Dealership. As we were installing the track key in his car, we wanted to make sure there was not an issue with installing said. The Service Rep called his warranty hotline and confirmed with me, our Shop Foreman and himself, that it was not an issue if the track key was installed. Obviously the gentleman purchased the contract and I immediately got one on my Boss.

In regards to financing , it does not hurt to check around, but often Dealers can even be lower than your Bank. Due diligence is smart, but as Banks have to pay no employees, no health insurance , no rent or utilities, a Dealership can often have very competitive rates. Like any business there are some that will not consider your best interests , but it is often worth checking ,as it takes so little time.

Good luck with your car and call me if you have any more questions on the extended warranty?

Sincerely,
Bill Pemberton
Viper, SRT and Performance Mgr
www.woodhouse.com
Blair, Nebraska
1-800-889-1893
[email protected]

Bill Pemberton said:
In regards to financing , it does not hurt to check around, but often Dealers can even be lower than your Bank. Due diligence is smart, but as Banks have to pay no employees, no health insurance , no rent or utilities, a Dealership can often have very competitive rates. Like any business there are some that will not consider your best interests , but it is often worth checking ,as it takes so little time.

Good luck with your car and call me if you have any more questions on the extended warranty?

Sincerely,
Bill Pemberton
Viper, SRT and Performance Mgr
www.woodhouse.com
Blair, Nebraska
1-800-889-1893
[email protected]

My current mustang was financed by Chrysler Financial, best rates they could find for me at the time. Then it became Daimler Chrysler Financial and back to Chrysler at the end.

TheMarco said:
CaliMR said:

I'm not sure I should probably asked again. But a few years back I was washing my '68 and my asshole neighbor (who later got evicted) felt the need to 'report' me and the people from the leasing office were quick to come tell me how I was breaking the rules with my two little buckets of water.

I think it had something to do with the complex being not gated which renders the parking lot and the roads around it 'public streets'.

Then again, when the Boss is here I may just do it again. I'm surrounded by people who are loud, don't pay rent, have 'prohibited' dogs and whatnot so...

It isn't a public street because it is ungated... that is like a cop giving you a ticket for not using a signal inside a parking lot. It is either private property or public. I am almost certain it is just their rule and they use that as an excuse. I have told at least 100 people they can't do something "because our insurance doesn't allow it" or something similar. It usually shuts people up, and what they were asking was something retarded anyways. Like why they can't have roof access.

You can wash your car at my place but you will have to wash mine too ;D Actually my driveway is partially dirt so you don't want to. That is why I can't dry it by driving. I have had a couple Prii driving weenies give me bad looks and stuff washing my cars, but I like to explain to them that the worst thing you can do for the environment is to have children but I didn't come into their bedroom and stare at them while they are having sex. My neighbors love me ;D

CaliMR said:
TheMarco said:
CaliMR said:

It isn't a public street because it is ungated... that is like a cop giving you a ticket for not using a signal inside a parking lot. It is either private property or public. I am almost certain it is just their rule and they use that as an excuse. I have told at least 100 people they can't do something "because our insurance doesn't allow it" or something similar. It usually shuts people up, and what they were asking was something retarded anyways. Like why they can't have roof access.

You can wash your car at my place but you will have to wash mine too ;D Actually my driveway is partially dirt so you don't want to. That is why I can't dry it by driving. I have had a couple Prii driving weenies give me bad looks and stuff washing my cars, but I like to explain to them that the worst thing you can do for the environment is to have children but I didn't come into their bedroom and stare at them while they are having sex. My neighbors love me ;D

LOL! I have kids, dogs AND within a week, a Boss. Gonna kill the planet one mile at a time. Whenever a hipster douche starts about how my cars ruin the environment I always mention the fact that I have been car-less for most of my life while they probably haven't been which I think allows me to burn quite a bit of extra gas before we 'break even' :D

One time I was waxing my Evo and this guy from down the block, who drives a Prius, came walking by with his 10ish year old daughter. He stops and just stares at me for a minute, I stop to say something rude (but not too rude since the kid is there) and he says "Is that a fun car?" I said yeah, then he turns to his daughter and says "that is the car daddy wanted to buy, but mommy made him buy the damn Prius. Don't ever do that to your husband"

I almost peed myself laughing, let him sit in the car and poke around a bit, then he went on his way.

CaliMR said:
One time I was waxing my Evo and this guy from down the block, who drives a Prius, came walking by with his 10ish year old daughter. He stops and just stares at me for a minute, I stop to say something rude (but not too rude since the kid is there) and he says "Is that a fun car?" I said yeah, then he turns to his daughter and says "that is the car daddy wanted to buy, but mommy made him buy the damn Prius. Don't ever do that to your husband"

I almost peed myself laughing, let him sit in the car and poke around a bit, then he went on his way.

Hahahahahahaha awesome!

I'm glad my wife is different. When I was looking at a Mustang GT and briefly mentioned the possibility of a Boss at MSRP, but still being about 6 grand more than the loaded GT I had configured she just said: "Get the Boss."

CaliMR said:

ROFL...made me choke on my iced tea

Dealer didn't give me a hard time about canceling the Perma Plate thing. I think I'll invest this money in a ClearBra instead since that actually protects.

TMO Supporting Vendors