The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

PFC rear brake upgrade

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

For those who have replaced your rear brake system with the PFC 12" kit that the Grand-Am/Continental cars ran, can you tell me the vendors who sell the kit and what the cost wasfor the complete set-up? I have seen posts that indicated Kohr sells the kit. Is that the only option?

In for updates.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
ArizonaBOSS, thanks for the link. Now that I think of it, I saw this stuff before on FTB's site when I was bored and surfing the web for ideas. I have the Blowfish aluminum brackets now with a 13" GT500 rotor and stock calipers. I was having a weird issue with the original caliper pistons seeming to contact the pad too high (touching the spring) causing the pad to compress at an angle. Couldn't see why other than the bracket but I traded the stock calipers at AutoZone and it seemed to fix the issue. But now the rebuilt calipers from AZ are rusty and look horrible. I thought the PFC calipers were a better single-piston design and aluminum? I can either paint the existing calipers (i'm lazy so PITA) or upgrade but I wanted to know just how costly the PFC kit was first.

IMO, I would only use OEM Ford rear replacement calipers

I see that now......my calipers look like crap. Since I already have the brackets I might as well go with new coated OEM calipers and some nice two-piece rotors. That FTB kit is pretty nice so it looks like that's my best option.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
The angular wear that you mentioned was probably caused by the caliper bridge bending either through fatigue or a combination of heat plus fatigue. You have to replace them every so often. Kind of sucks but it's cheaper than a $4K radial mount setup.

TMO Supporting Vendors