The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Phoenix at SCCA runoffs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sfo
Rob,

50% chance some races will be rain races. Can you comment on generic setting up for rain? In cali we never have rain. In all my years of racing I have actually had less than 1/2 dozen rain races. What kind of pressure changes typically happen in wet races on hoosier rains? I would think much less that on a hot dry track.

Rob,

50% chance some races will be rain races. Can you comment on generic setting up for rain? In cali we never have rain. In all my years of racing I have actually had less than 1/2 dozen rain races. What kind of pressure changes typically happen in wet races on hoosier rains? I would think much less that on a hot dry track.
I actually cant right now, rain tires are currently in a state of flux, and we all are trying to figure it out.
Generally, soft springs, soft bars, lots of psi for standing water,, not so much for rain only.

sfo
Wow! AJ was 140mph+ in the rain. It looked like he was one with the car and conditions just putting on a clinic on rain driving. I left me screen for just a minute and Kezman retook the lead. AJ and kez were absolutely on another level compared to everyone else then Oaks just turned it on in the closing laps to take 3rd. That was great to watch. Those were tough race conditions!

Marshall was smooth and steady as always. I'm hoping I can get him to take my car out at NJMP during a member day and show me what it can do. So Phoenix swept the Touring class and should have been 5-5. Not to shabby.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel