The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Phoenix running two Ecoboost Mustangs at SCCA Nationals

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sfo
I'm having builder's remorse on my s550 gt. I should have gone ecoboost. I wonder what it would take to convert? I wonder if ford sells a wire harness/pcm to run an ecoboost

sfo
Still on pole in T3, kurt in T2 is looking for some speed to catch a Porsche, AJ in T1 is also on pole currently.

I race T2. Kurt is fast can really pedal his old stang but the class is ruled by porsches. 5 of top 6 spots went to pbugs last year. They get a $10k functional wing and I cannot even put the swing from the 350gt on my base gt. Then they allow the bmw factory 235i racecar in my class. What is up with that. All top qualy spots for 2020 go to panzers.

I race T2. Kurt is fast can really pedal his old stang but the class is ruled by porsches. 5 of top 6 spots went to pbugs last year. They get a $10k functional wing and I cannot even put the swing from the 350gt on my base gt. Then they allow the bmw factory 235i racecar in my class. What is up with that. All top qualy spots for 2020 go to panzers.
The car had some issues, Kurt picked up 1.3 seconds and is P2, race is this afternoon

So to recap the T1 race, AJ outqualified everyone by at least a second, but..we had to do an engine change last night and were a few mph down to the Panzer. Still AJ drove a great race but a steering component broke while in the lead, about 3 laps from the finish. That sucked, nothing I like better than beating Porsches with Mustangs.
(edited 10/22/20)

Last edited:

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
sfo
T3 was awesome and so was Mast. Mast is always fast. Scotty B is a good racer but finished down 8th in his ecoboost. I hope that means no BOP for 2021. Scotty is running his boost with 10speed. I can't imagine that be a negative issue. There are just not enough S550's running to get a feel for how fast they really are. I'm racing T2 (but missing Runoffs this covid year) and my new build seems OK. I've just about got keeping things cool issues licked but not figured out tire management. I'm blistering tires with a starting weight of near 3700lbs trying to get off the track at just over 3600lb to be legal.

sfo
Blacksheep...among other issues the s550 has lots of off axis stichion at the rear lower control arm and the front control arm also is a giant rubber bushing. Spherical bearings not allowed t3 or t2. So did Phoenix have a solution there other than poly bushings? Did they find a delrin solution to buy or phoenix making delrin to sell?

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel