The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Phoenix running two Ecoboost Mustangs at SCCA Nationals

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sfo
Well that sucked...

Super suck! I did that at Indy runoffs. I was the orange T2 vette that smoked out the pagoda. I think porsches are killing the class. Vettes are all gone. Mustangs now a rarity. 2nd place Bmw factory racecar allowed in touring violate class philosophy. A few years ago T3 did not even have enough cars for a championship race. Today what 30 cars while T2 is looking bad.

sfo
Blacksheep,

It looked like nichole crashed in t3. She ok and car repairable? She has not seen my new mustang. Tell her carl that had orange t2 vette said Hi.

sfo
Any idea on what caused Kurt's motor to blow? Pretty agressive tune or just threw a rod or something?

sfo
Congrats to Andrew. Great race especially retaking the lead after balking restart #2. Is that car running C7 motor or LS motor?

Congrats to Andrew. Great race especially retaking the lead after balking restart #2. Is that car running C7 motor or LS motor?

I do not know, that's and engine thing.. and a Chevy engine at that, not in my wheelhouse, but you can call them, I'm sure they'll sell you one...

Blacksheep...among other issues the s550 has lots of off axis stichion at the rear lower control arm and the front control arm also is a giant rubber bushing. Spherical bearings not allowed t3 or t2. So did Phoenix have a solution there other than poly bushings? Did they find a delrin solution to buy or phoenix making delrin to sell?

I honestly don't know the answer to that. The new ecoboost was pretty much a surprise to me as of June.

sfo
I honestly don't know the answer to that. The new ecoboost was pretty much a surprise to me as of June.

Yeah Joe and I talked about the s550 chassis around the end of last year. He was not big on this heafty girl. I told him I would probably buy one anyway (which I did) because I wanted a new effortless car vs. A competitive got to work to be on top of car. While travel race with another new 10x champ some years regionally, I'm towing my racecar on an open trailer. So that's my level of commitment. I give big kudos to the guy in STL who got 3rd at runoffs showing up with an open trailer and maybe no crew. No one else is running the s550 gt in T2 so I'm figuring out the chassis best I can by myself. I was excited to see Mast's ecoboost with top notch Phoenix prep win T3 but disappointed at the results of good driver Scotty B in the same car in T3 and T2. We need more S550's racing.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel