The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Photos from the 2019 Mustang Roundup.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Don't believe so as I offered him my clutch from the BossS and he wants to get a new and hopefully stronger one than he currently has. With only a NASA race at Topeka ( JD Krull and I will be there ) at the end of the month, I think the fix for his Comp Orange Beast is in Santa Claus's hands?

Started to work on it this weekend. Not sure what I have going on but I cannot get the trans to slide out. Messed with it for about an hour, but maybe got it to slide 1/8" out and will not move from there. So going to try a few more tricks this weekend to get it out.
Then I have had issues with cruising and it popping out of gear in fourth, or shifting from 5th to 4th at times. Been that way for a couple years, didn't have issues when on track so wasn't a priority so I am going to get that addressed.

Of course came across another issue. Pulling driveshaft out, pull first bolt off the adapter on the rearend and fluid starts leaking out. Looking further i could see where it had leaked out a little in that area from dust buildup which is something new. Once I pulled the adapter off there was no more fluid so just had a little leak out, but something I'll have to tear apart and figure out why.

Will see what else I add to the list before it's over. Santa's sleigh may be full this year.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Santa will enjoy stopping at 12coBoss's house , this Winter, as his killer outbuilding " Man Cave" garage is even heated. His old man neighbor , up the road just a mile , is quite envious , but glad there is enough room up there for the sleigh to drop off a large load.

I was tempted by the lure of Topeka but I have a feeling the weather won't be great and I was trying to sell my old truck. I'm going to try and make it work next year though.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Join up with NASA, and I have a coupon for your first event with the Central Region. The weather may be cool, but that just makes the cars faster.

PS - same offer extends to any other folks who are in the area ( Missouri, Kansas, Iowa, Nebraska, etc. ), if you have not joined NASA , and not run , I can get you a discount on the first weekend you participate in the Central Region. We have quite a few Mustangs show up for both HPDEs and Time Trials , and occasionally we have PF Racing show up with their GT4 Mustangs they run in IMSA and World Challenge, so good time for all.

[email protected] Feel free to email , anytime, if interested.

TMO Supporting Vendors