The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Pic of 13 w/ brake duct installed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Before just squeezed it thru the bottom hole and now with the proper part installed. I haven't seen any 13's with this installed so thought I'd share so people could see how it looks

Before
BE3B-F66041F41166-188-0000000F6CAD63A3_zps0d161f99.jpg

After - smoking a stogie at the shop too. Lol
8EB-02E1DF61B165-1165-000000FDFBD0C513_zps57c84cd2.jpg

looking good!

when i saw your first pic in another thread, i was going to ask you if that was your brake duct sticking on the lower opening; looks like you might've been waiting for the panel. btw is your wheel on the jack? lol

F.D. Sako said:
looking good!

when i saw your first pic in another thread, i was going to ask you if that was your brake duct sticking on the lower opening; looks like you might've been waiting for the panel. btw is your wheel on the jack? lol

haha no its not, just appears that way...was waiting on the last part of the kit

Boostd4

Relapsed Turbo Addict
Getting ready to do this myself...was the install a PITA? It looks pretty straightforward.

Looks good... Also, like the wheels. When I did my brake duct kit on my 12' boss I thought it would be a pretty straight forward install..lol.. But I ended up taking the whole front bumper off the car the to change the parts that the ducts connect too. I had the precut ones that came with the kit.. :eek:

Boostd4 said:
Getting ready to do this myself...was the install a PITA? It looks pretty straightforward.

Boostd... I did it last summer. It is not technically difficult, but it is something of a PITA to install and the installation instructions don't tell you everything. Plan spending the better part of an afternoon. Hey, this stuff's s'posed to be fun, right...?

For example, you may have to do some trimming of the wheel well liners (which you also have to partially remove to access the lower bezels), and you'll probably need to move the washer fluid reservoir outward about 1" on the pax side, and move (or reverse) the horns on the driver side to get the hose to route around it. Also, fitting the hoses over the bezel flange and the brake backing plate flange is a really tight fit. There is a thread on how to install the kit over in the "How To" forum on this site https://trackmustangsonline.com/index.php?topic=773.20 that covers most of this, with pics.

Tip on getting the hoses on the flanges: No need to cut slots in the flanges of the bezel and/or baking plates as some have done. Do as the instructions tell you and unwind the reinforcing cord on the hose back about 4" or so from the end and snip it (the unwound cord, not the hose)... this will make the hose more expandable. Lightly coat the flanges with some grease (I used dielectric grease, but lithium or even vaseline would work too), and slowly work/twist the hose onto the flange. It is tight but be patient and it will go on just fine.

Boostd4

Relapsed Turbo Addict
Thanks for the info :). I did a few brake duct kits in some of my older cars for track days, this is the first time I've not had to piece together a kit from scratch which is good.

dabossinne said:
Boostd... I did it last summer. It is not technically difficult, but it is something of a PITA to install and the installation instructions don't tell you everything. Plan spending the better part of an afternoon. Hey, this stuff's s'posed to be fun, right...?

For example, you may have to do some trimming of the wheel well liners (which you also have to partially remove), and you'll probably need to move the washer fluid reservoir outward about 1" on the pax side, and move (or reverse) the horns on the driver side to get the hose to route around it. Also, fitting the hoses over the bezel flange and the brake backing plate flange is a really tight fit. There is a thread on how to install the kit over in the "How To" forum on this site https://trackmustangsonline.com/index.php?topic=773.20 that covers most of this, with pics.

Tip on getting the hoses on the flanges: No need to cut slots in the flanges of the bezel and/or baking plates as some have done. Do as the instructions tell you and unwind the reinforcing cord on the hose back about 4" or so from the end and snip it (the unwound cord, not the hose)... this will make the hose more expandable. Coat the flanges with some grease (I used dielectric grease, but lithium or even vaseline would work too), and slowly work/twist the hose onto the flange. It is tight but be patient and it will go on just fine.

TMO Supporting Vendors