The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Picked up a crew job at the Daytona 4 hour

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Did a one off for Kohr Motorports and one of their cars. Got into trouble early, had to do a 2 tire change, then with about 20 minutes to go had contact that damaged the LR hub. It was fun to go back to pit stops again, even though things get pretty hectic at times.
The Michelins seem to act a lot like Pirellis except are more consistent, didn't notice a major drop off, but we went through 6 sets in the 4 hour race.
I also ran into Tim Hilliard and the crew chief was Rick from Cortex, so we had some great discussions,..lol
I don't think people appreciate the immense amount of work and resources that go into a 4 hour race, let alone a 24 hour one.

bYmWh54l.jpg

bzNLFvUl.jpg

jCJUS37l.jpg

nFnsM6wl.jpg

bStPOmTl.jpg

Looks like you had a good time. I missed having the Ford GT's in the 24 Hour race. :(

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel