The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Picked up my new '13 Boss LS ***Pics added***

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WorldFamousZ said:
congrats on the purchase!

I notice you don't have the front splitter installed (probably from having it up on the trailer), but if you don't plan on using it and want to sell it.... :)

Yes, had it taken off to load on the trailer. It will go back on.

Re: Picked up my new '13 Boss LS

patrickshelby said:
Mad Boss said:
I'm trying to post a couple pics, lets see it this works...

IMG_20140415_163249_805.jpg
Towing her home
LOVE THAT COMBO ;D
Good looking truck and Boss. Just food for thought... Your Boss is pulling the rear of your Raptor down (to much tounge weight) just a little to much. Any chance you can back the boss on the trailer and put the bulk of the weight over the trailer axels. I tow all the time and you want the truck to be some what level with a load. It just makes for a better handling truck and trailer package if some A-hole cuts you off and you need to deal with it. Also saves the rear suspension. Just trying to help.

Re: Picked up my new '13 Boss LS

boss man said:
Good looking truck and Boss. Just food for thought... Your Boss is pulling the rear of your Raptor down (to much tounge weight) just a little to much. Any chance you can back the boss on the trailer and put the bulk of the weight over the trailer axels. I tow all the time and you want the truck to be some what level with a load. It just makes for a better handling truck and trailer package if some A-hole cuts you off and you need to deal with it. Also saves the rear suspension. Just trying to help.

Boss man, hey I appreciate the info, but that trailer is too short for the Boss and I couldn't put it back any further. Plus the Raptor has really soft suspension (what makes is so awesome off road) that makes it droop in the back more than a normal truck. It was a borrowed trailer. I may get a nice trailer for the Boss if I end up tracking often.

TMO Supporting Vendors