The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Picking up my Boss tomorrow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BLAZN BOSS

CaliMR said:
1.jpg

There she is next to my truck. Long day was long. My ride was hung over (he claimed sick) so he didn't show up until 1 PM, he then sat on my couch an hour drinking water, then we hopped across the bay to pick up another friend who wanted to come, then got to the dealer about 3:45. Paperwork was mostly painless, except writing the check. Caught the last 3 minutes of the Niners game. It was an exciting 3 minutes. There was not a single person not watching the game at the dealership. Then took my ride and his GF out to dinner to thank him for taking me on the 150 mile round trip, just got home and it is almost midnight. On the plus side, I got to 100 miles so I can do prolonged WOT now :eek:

Love the car so far, the clutch isn't as friendly as the GT but everything I love everything else about it. The seats seem to sit higher than the GT, didn't notice when I rode in one a couple weeks back, so I am going to have to lean them back a bit to fit my helmet for the track. Awesome car. Feels like it is hewn from stone compared to my old Evo or the E30 racecar.

I found this in the glove compartment, nobody at the dealership knew where it goes. Anyone know?

2.jpg

Oh and she is number 2362
Oh no!............what is that?.............LOL...good thing fords not open today LOL........is it big enough to replace the sticker in the inside perimeter of the gas cap?

Grant 302 said:
CaliMR said:
I found this in the glove compartment, nobody at the dealership knew where it goes. Anyone know?

2.jpg

Congrats! Not sure where that goes...I don't have one. Does look like a faux gas cap replacement. How big is it?

In to find out what the mystery thing is.

When we do figure it out, I have a feeling I'm going to want one.

Congratulations and that was a great game! Whatever the Boss emblem is it's not a Ford piece. If it was it would say "Boss 302" not Boss.

BLAZN BOSS

5 DOT 0 said:
Congratulations and that was a great game! Whatever the Boss emblem is it's not a Ford piece. If it was it would say "Boss 302" not Boss.
You think someone planted it in a brand new car?

CaliMR,

The Niners game was great. I glad I only have to type this cuz I'm having a hard time talking after all the screaming at the game. I haven't felt that much energy at the 'Stick for years (except when cruisin in the Boss).

Anyways, maybe they knew you race a bimmer and its a replacement roundel for the hood (JK)

Congrats and enjoy your ride.

BLAZN BOSS

CaliMR said:
1.jpg

There she is next to my truck. Long day was long. My ride was hung over (he claimed sick) so he didn't show up until 1 PM, he then sat on my couch an hour drinking water, then we hopped across the bay to pick up another friend who wanted to come, then got to the dealer about 3:45. Paperwork was mostly painless, except writing the check. Caught the last 3 minutes of the Niners game. It was an exciting 3 minutes. There was not a single person not watching the game at the dealership. Then took my ride and his GF out to dinner to thank him for taking me on the 150 mile round trip, just got home and it is almost midnight. On the plus side, I got to 100 miles so I can do prolonged WOT now :eek:

Love the car so far, the clutch isn't as friendly as the GT but everything I love everything else about it. The seats seem to sit higher than the GT, didn't notice when I rode in one a couple weeks back, so I am going to have to lean them back a bit to fit my helmet for the track. Awesome car. Feels like it is hewn from stone compared to my old Evo or the E30 racecar.

2.jpg

Does it have a ford engineering part numer on the back side??

It isn't a Ford part. Sorry, it was pretty late when I got home and I didn't look at it very closely. It says MOTORSPORTS and 3264 on the back, typed BOSS MOTORSPORTS 3264 into google, and it is a part number for a center cap for their wheels. No idea why it was in my car. But it was at the dealer a while, so somebody must have just left it in the car.

Anyone know if there is anything that should have come with the car other than the manuals and floormats? The packet with the goodies comes later, I mean stuff that should have been shipped with the car.

BLAZN BOSS

Theres a package for the clips that attach to the sun visors..........the owners manuals come with the car and the dealer here carries them in the managers off where you finalize. Not sure of anything else unless you have the car cover/floor mat option...should be in the trunk...............I didn't get anything else.

The clips were in the glove compartment, forgot about them. Thanks for the reply. There are regular mats, didn't get the cover/mats package. They are mailing me a trunk liner, and going to get Weathertech mats for the front. Rear seats will probably never get used.

I am thinking about adding the rear side window covers (the fake vents) and painting them black to match the roof. I usually skip the non-functional stuff, but I like the way they look.

So sort of a stupid question, but at the bottom of the window sticker is "Item #" followed by a number, and under it is an unlabeled number that ends in "10 12 11"

Is that the build date? If not, where can I find the build date? Just kind of curious when her birthday is. Also, if that is the date, it took over 2 months to be delivered to the dealer. It was a custom order but when it arrived, the buyer turned out to be a cockroach (horrible credit) and backed out when he had trouble getting financing. Or so the dealer said, when I asked.

Also I read that there are different size plates for the side exhaust, do you get those from Ford or are they aftermarket?

CaliMR said:
So sort of a stupid question, but at the bottom of the window sticker is "Item #" followed by a number, and under it is an unlabeled number that ends in "10 12 11"
Is that the build date? If not, where can I find the build date? Just kind of curious when her birthday is. Also, if that is the date, it took over 2 months to be delivered to the dealer.

Also I read that there are different size plates for the side exhaust, do you get those from Ford or are they aftermarket?

If you would like PM me your VIN number and I will look at the date. I can also add your car into the registry that we keep here on site. If you want to take advantage of the free track day at Miller look at the Track Attack thread in this section and get signed up soon.

Your Boss owners package will have the Speed channel DVD a key chain with your car's number, Boss book, posters and more. I would guess you will see it in a month or two.

As for the exhaust discs, I am the person that sells them. The thread is here explaining them.

https://trackmustangsonline.com/boss-302-technical-forum/after-market-discs/
If you have any questions please feel free to ask.

Playing around with custom plates since my friend wants one for his Jetta. Came up with this. It is totally retarded but maybe you guys will get a laugh out of it.

plate.jpg

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
CaliMR said:
Playing around with custom plates since my friend wants one for his Jetta. Came up with this. It is totally retarded but maybe you guys will get a laugh out of it.

Considered the same...surprised it isn't taken. I didn't check on that one.

Found a video of me trying to scare my brother at Sears Point in Slowpoke Rodriguez. At about 18 seconds in you will see why I will be taking the Boss to the track sometimes instead. Done a few more upgrades since then like a QR Sparco, but can't really do much to make it faster.

http://s215.photobucket.com/albums/cc235/calimr/otters/?action=view&current=1-1flash1.mp4

Congratulations on your Boss. I'm sure that you will love it. I'm across the bay from you in Hayward and also have a PW/B Boss. It seems to be a popular choice in Nor Cal because I know of a few others. I plan to take mine to TH and Infinieon, but first I need to sell all the parts I removed from my Mach@ to finance track wheels and rubber. I've done motorcycle track days, but my only auto experience was at trackattack and it was a great experience. My opinion is the trackey is a must, the only key I use!. Lol

I have only seen the orange and the blue ones here, and even those are pretty rare. But I live in one of the worst hippie-centers of the bay area.

My bros track bikes but I never really got into it. If we see each other at the track, you should come for a ride in my E30. You will appreciate the Boss more after being passed by Civics on the straights ;)

Tranny seems to be loosening up a bit, but it is still notchy. It is almost like you have to shift it into gear through 2 gates. And it sometimes refuses to go into first from a stop.

TMO Supporting Vendors