The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Picking up my Boss tomorrow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ford part number 8U5Z9C268B

Here it is on a site:
http://www.partscheap.com/Ford-F-150-Locking-Fuel-Plug-p/8u5z-9c268-b-f509.htm

I think I paid like $20 because my dealer gives a discount if you bought a car there, not sure how much they normally cost online. I figured at that price, wasting time looking for one was not worth saving a dollar.

I was hoping it would have a gasket of some sort, but it is just flat plastic on the back. I doubt it would take more then a couple seconds with a screw driver to get it off if someone was so inclined.

So I found out why I don't have my plates and pink yet after over 2 months, the dealer never sent my info to the DMV. The lady at the dealer who does the DMV paperwork is out today, they promised they would have her call me first thing when she comes back. Really? I mean it isn't like they don't sell cars every day. At least I got my owner kit...

Since it isn't in my name, could I just return it? I kind of want a blue one now ;D

Update: talked to several people at the dealership and none of them were being helpful. They never let me talk to the DMV person, they just kept putting me through to her voicemail. Talked to their head of customer relations, and she basically tome me they have 6 months to do it because that is how long the temporary registration taped to the windshield is good for. I explained to her why that does not make it ok for them to not have filed it for 2.5 months, and how the CA legislature passed a bill that amended it to 3 months anyways (doesn't take affect for a few more months, but I was pretty pissed by that point). She changed her attitude at that point and swore up and down she would get it sorted out and get back to me today. So far she has not. Am I wrong in being pissed?

Between that and the paint damage they tried to cover up (very poorly), the damage I found under the car from someone jacking it from the middle of the car instead of the jack points (rail is a little bent and plastic around it is chewed up), and a few other minor things, I am no longer recommending this dealership to anyone. After I get my paperwork done, I will also be following up with complaints to Ford. "well your temporary registration is good for 6 months, so we don't have to do it yet" indeed.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
damn I would be pissed to. that is ridiculous I got pissed at my dealer when they took more than a week to do the dmv paper work. driving there three days in a row fixed that lol.

It is a long commute, at least an hour each way without any traffic... and there is always traffic due to 2 major bridges. The woman at Ford whom I dealt with for the paint seems to have some sway over the dealerships, I'm going to give her a call if this keeps up. I may file a complaint either way, but I figure it is best to wait until after they are done with the paperwork or they might never send it.

TMO Supporting Vendors