The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Pics and video of my YB Boss

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Congrats and welcome to BMO 8) Those are some great pics. Looks like a pretty fun, fast autox. At a local airport I assume? I went to one with a local Vette club last year and we were hitting 140 on the runway :eek: This year it got a little out of hand and they made it even faster. One guy actually totalled his Z06 after going airborne on a transition, over a berm and through a barbed wire fence into a bean field. He bent the frame when hitting the berm. Glad I was running up at BIR that weekend ;D

GA
Congrats! Nice pics and vids. I really like the Yellow Blaze. I don't think I'll be able to swing a Boss but I have an opportunity to grab a YB 5.0 with Brembos on X-plan and 0% financing- I might have to pull the trigger this week. It won't be a Boss but at least I can customize it a bit to come close, and I'll have Synch, Shaker 500, auto dimming mirror, and leather seats to console me. ;)

Thanks guys.

cloud9, the autox was at an airbase. The car certainly has more talent than the driver but I had a lot of fun.

PJWANNABE, the money you save with x-plan should get you at least the same performance as the Boss. I looked hard for a white GT with saddle interior.

Kyle

Yes sir, the side discs were out. I need to work on stabilizing the camera so the video doesn't shake so bad.

Kyle

I see we both live in Corpus. I've autox with that group many times. If we end up hanging out your going to be driving the big tracks pretty soon. :) Were going to Harris Hills Road in San Marcos on the 9th of next month. Nice driving.

Very nice! Congrats! I think I would have been very happy with a YB as well. Not only does it look great, but it will have relative exclusivity since they will only be built in the 2012 MY cars. Pics are great!

itrack said:
If we end up hanging out your going to be driving the big tracks pretty soon. :) Were going to Harris Hills Road in San Marcos on the 9th of next month.

Given your luck with the dealer, I'm not sure my car will see track use until after the warranty's up.

TMO Supporting Vendors