The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Pics of my car with wheels installed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I picked up my car last Monday and got my GT 500 wheels installed today. I think they are a definite improvement. I wasn't too crazy about the OEM wheels.

BMO.jpg

BMO2.jpg

I like those wheels. :D

I love the satin/matte look of the wheels with the reflective stripes! It blends out of this world.

Leaves me with the question as to why they didn't change the wheels to a matte/satin for 2013 with the stripes.... It would have looked better IMO....But I still love the stocks.

That really looks nice!! I always liked the old Minilights Ford was trying emulate but the new Boss wheels just missed the mark for me. Like killerwilll said, if they had just been a matte or black powder finish it would have looked so much better, but gloss black.....

Hard to beat a dark wheel on a white car. If I get a 13 or 14 Shelby will likely go white with black stripes simply because the dark wheels look so good against white.

2013whiteshelby.jpg

I like the wheels on the 2013 GT500 but they will be even more of a PITA to clean than the ones I have. I've even thought of selling mine and doing something else.

IMO the stock wheels didn't look good on either year and they didn't last 24 hours on my car. I still use mine on occasion but I really don't like them. I'd like to find a take off set of the 2013 LS wheels.

If Ford had painted the OEM wheels silver to more closely match the Mini Lites, I would have kept them. Of if the entire wheel had been gloss black, I would have had a red stripe painted on the lip and kept them. But as it was, they're just a fail in my book.

TMO Supporting Vendors