The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Pics of my new car, the gf's car and some WA mountains...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seven

Dacia Sandero
[If this is the wrong forum by all means move the post]

Pics from this weekend in Snoqualmie...

My '13 Boss and her '13 Focus ST...

09_zpsec78dafc.jpg
03_zps0d344032.jpg
01-1_zps60313250.jpg
05_zps8a1c5623.jpg
07_zps8ecae531.jpg
08_zpsb78e5aad.jpg
06_zpsc5e28887.jpg

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
Very nice car and pics - and when the GF says she wants to put a big turbo in that light little thing make sure you don't do a 1/4 mile against her unless you have your 'A' game on ;-)

Justin said:
nice cars I really like the focus ST I am considering one for a DD in the future.

I think a lot of us are on that same path. How about a quick review of the ST from the OP?

Do you like it?

jneary

Performance Fords
Norcal
We replaced my wife's Freestyle with a Focus ST. What a great little car. Fun to drive and does great on long trips averaging almost 30 mpg. Handles like a go cart and has all of the little goodies that make it cool ( interior lighting, moon roof, seat heaters, EXCELLENT headlights that light up the trees on high beam, leather Recaro's, and four doors).

The main "complaint" about these cars is the high amount of torque steer but that just means that you have to drive it like you mean it when you step on the pedal. I certainly don't mind that part as it is very well behaved in all other conditions and can out sprint most cars out there.

To keep this thread boss related, I agree that you have to watch out when she gets on the throttle because that light little car moves out off the line quickly and will jump ahead of the unsuspecting boss driver... Speaking from experience...

John

Seven

Dacia Sandero
PeteInCT said:
Very nice car and pics - and when the GF says she wants to put a big turbo in that light little thing make sure you don't do a 1/4 mile against her unless you have your 'A' game on ;-)
I believe it. I drove hers a few times before I bought the Boss
ArizonaGT said:
Lookin good dude, I see you have the block-off plates removed in the grille already!
Yeah I figured I'd end up losing/forgetting them at a track event so I took them out and put them on a shelf in the garage for safe keeping.
stunya said:
I think a lot of us are on that same path. How about a quick review of the ST from the OP?
Do you like it?
As you said, seems like a lot of you are considering an ST for DD...
I actually DD the Boss - well I drive it on nice days to work and take the bus on rainy days (Seattle's public transport is really nice and generally awesome, work pays for public transport as well).
In any case, as I said, I drove her car a few days before I bought the Boss and really my only qualm with it is the seats are a little narrow for a guy my size (6'2 240lbs) other than that, it's very responsive, comfortable, easy to see out of, etc
The interior is near quality of the GTI and the chassis is better at handling the big power of the car than a Mazdaspeed 3.
Also, they're under-rated stock. Her car dyno'd 252whp and 293wtq completely stock, which was surprising and awesome.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
I DD my boss too Seven lol. I dont like to because it makes it feel slow to me after a while and when that happens I want to mod it more to make it faster. My beater DD died so I sold it

Seven

Dacia Sandero
Justin said:
I DD my boss too Seven lol. I dont like to because it makes it feel slow to me after a while and when that happens I want to mod it more to make it faster. My beater DD died so I sold it

Yep, I've had this effect happen to me as well.
Hence the bus on occasion haha

my DD is a 97 neon...still runs like a champ but lacks ANY features...ha. thanks for the quick review...maybe pick one up used in a few years with low miles.

pics look great! best of luck with both!!

for the OP...since you took the pics in Snowqual...have you been to the Dirtfish rally school up there (or know someone who has)? I'm considering shooting up there this summer for a few days of mud-flinging.

nice pair o' cars too...I have a white '12 boss...love it...daily drive it but I have no weather issues where I live. test drove the ST and like it a lot...sure hope the RS comes to fruition.

Seven

Dacia Sandero
fuhrius said:
for the OP...since you took the pics in Snowqual...have you been to the Dirtfish rally school up there (or know someone who has)? I'm considering shooting up there this summer for a few days of mud-flinging.
nice pair o' cars too...I have a white '12 boss...love it...daily drive it but I have no weather issues where I live. test drove the ST and like it a lot...sure hope the RS comes to fruition.
I haven't - I've heard it's super fun tho.
I doubt the RS will ever show up, the ST is having trouble selling, so I doubt they'd sell an even more expensive model.
I'm very curious to see how the Fiesta ST sells tho :)
Bill Pemberton said:
Great shot , great cars, and likely great girlfriend, especially since she like fast Fords!!
She likes fast everything, so do I. I've owned Corvettes (2 C5s), 350Z, STI, M3s, etc etc - We like all forms of speed. :)
It was coincidence we turned into a Ford Family, we don't mind it tho :)

TMO Supporting Vendors