The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Pics of your Boss 302 or S197 Mustang at the track!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
How much weight did you drop?
If I remember correctly about 80 pounds but I added some of that back so somewhat less than that.
The areo is greatly improved. This was the impetus for all the changes.
My old setup wouldn't let me get the splitter close enough to the ground to be effective, so I had this big wing in the back making a ton of downforce and essentially nothing up front so my aero balance was way off and the car pushed like a freight train. So I lowered the splitter mechanically, added a pair of tunnels and more fender venting, then raised the motor (so the headers would clear) and then lowered whole the car (via SLA) and then stiffened all the springs up. Everything in the right direction....and it's definitely much better. Once I have time to dial on it I expect it will only improve.

Last edited:

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Mark I was really impressed on your improvements each time you went out..Good job.
Thanks Jeff! I was very happy with the way the car performed and handled. This site and new friends like you have been extremely helpful! Without all the valuable information in many threads, member input and sponsor recommendations on preferred upgrades, track settings and driving how to's/where to's there is no way I would have had the confidence or confidence in the car. Already spending a few track days in my friends car as a rider over the past few years was a huge help also. My instructor helped tie everything together in steps. I just listened and tried to apply what I was told and had as much fun as possible.

Last edited:

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pic whore that I am...

sal-33.jpg

sal-1.jpg

sal-17.jpg

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Some shots from the Northwoods Shelby Club event at Blackhawk Farms August 21-22 2021. Had a great weekend, the car ran great! My fast lap was a 1:17:56!! was in the 17-18's all weekend till the tires were used up!

View attachment 68272

View attachment 68273

View attachment 68274

View attachment 68275

View attachment 68276

View attachment 68277

View attachment 68278

View attachment 68279

View attachment 68280

View attachment 68281

View attachment 68282
Man I gotta say it again, the way you mated the splitter to the nose with that home made air dam is just genius.
I wish I'd thought of that, it would have a made a lot of other things I had to do much easier or all together unnecessary.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel