The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Pictures of full body stripes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Colorado Springs
I like but don't LOVE the red on black stickers. I suspect the previous owner who applied the striping kit didn't buy the best quality as they are fading inconsistently. So, I am looking at options for a new color combo as I do like the look of the stripes; black is nice, but a little color adds nice pop. So, my questions....

Can anyone recommend quality vendor / product line for stripes?
Anyone brilliant color combos out there for a black car?

I might just refresh the red, it is a mix of red and tomato and is starting to pull up on the trunk.

cover-image.jpg

Gold on black is pretty classic IMO but may "force" me to get scoops as well.

5a89eb1906e2e5e12b793a439687e2f3.jpg

Dave_W

Cones - not just for ice cream
Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Connecticut
The gold stripes on black harken back to the original batch of Shelby GT350s that Hertz bought for their rental fleet, plus several versions of Hertz Mustangs since then. I appreciate the historic reference of the combination, but wouldn't do it myself. If you're looking for a high-contrast combo, I think pure white or bright silver stripes would look better on black. If you want something more understated, I think a dark charcoal or dark blue would work well. Also, for the outer stripes I might make them thinner, like pinstripes, or maybe just do the 2 wide stripes - but that's just me and you have every right to your own likes and dislikes.

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Colorado Springs
The gold stripes on black harken back to the original batch of Shelby GT350s that Hertz bought for their rental fleet, plus several versions of Hertz Mustangs since then. I appreciate the historic reference of the combination, but wouldn't do it myself. If you're looking for a high-contrast combo, I think pure white or bright silver stripes would look better on black. If you want something more understated, I think a dark charcoal or dark blue would work well. Also, for the outer stripes I might make them thinner, like pinstripes, or maybe just do the 2 wide stripes - but that's just me and you have every right to your own likes and dislikes.

Funny you say that. I have been looking at options and one I keep coming back to is the double silver 10inch stripes, and then a red pin stripes as a border. Something similar to this look, but I do prefer when the stripes go down the bumper (not stopping at the upper part of the front clip).

https://www.superiorautodesign.com/...ANG-RACING-STRIPES-SUPERIOR-AUTO-DESIGN-4.jpg

Almost moving to an inverse of the Elenor scheme.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Over the years I have seen some combinations you might not expect, and many of them looked pretty stunning and unexpected. A bit of Eleanor with a medium gray metallic would definitely look cool, but what about something on the wild side, like metallic purple or the metallic green ( Snakeskin ) used on Vipers . Dodge offered some wild combinations on custom orders and the company I used to work with did some custom paint work also , and both combinations listed were done . Surprisingly dynamic , because the brilliant colors were toned down by the black , enhancing both. Anyway, have fun and since it will be a track car, make sure it let's folks know you are coming, ha,ha!!

Check out Big Worm Graphix out of Texas. They made the stripes for my GT350 to replace the poor quality Ford factory stripes. I then took the stripe set to a local installer to have them applied. Too many compound curves for my ability. While I have not changed the stripes on my Boss yet I would go back to BWG without hesitation.

DSC_1541-2.jpg

DSC_2063.jpg

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
I am pretty sure there is someone who is highly talented in your area of Colorado and in my opinion it is a huge benefit to have someone local do the work. Hard for them to run away if you have issues since they are the installer and supplier, and with all the cool vehicles in Colorado ( cars and trucks ) my bet is there are numerous custom shops doing high quality striping.

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Colorado Springs
Just reached out, BigWorm only carries GT500 kits for my year! But thats the type of recommendation I am looking for, thanks. Definitely fearful of the junk companies that just sell garbage vinyl products not suitable for automotive use.

I have been looking local, so far, haven't found anyone.

Also, anyone that does wraps can do stripes, I'd give you a guy but he's in Florida
Also, in the black/gold pic, what are the name of those wheels, because I just might copy that for Superbeater

FWIW, when I did some international kart races, the teams had to have their karts painted a particular way, British racing green of course, was the UK, White with blue/ red stripes were French, Blue/white (or white blue) were the American colors. That's why in the early 60s you see the cars painted as they were, you still saw that fairly recently with the Viper program run out of France, those Vipers were white with blue/red stripes. That's also why the Gt40s were painted blue/white or white/blue. You don't see it much anymore though.

TMO Supporting Vendors