The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S197 Plain Jane Build Thread Profile - S197 Mustangs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Great looking , I have always liked the red Boss 302s, probably because they were just not as common a color as one would suspect?!

Nice find and the Forgeline rims really set the car off, imho!

Great looking , I have always liked the red Boss 302s, probably because they were just not as common a color as one would suspect?!

Nice find and the Forgeline rims really set the car off, imho!

Thanks, Bill!
Per my build sheet from the Owners Kit, there were 798 in Race Red (Most we’re in SBY). Ironically, I don’t care for red cars, but the seller’s garage door only went about half way up before I silently told myself I would buy it haha!

The Forgeline’s were something I had to budget for. I wanted something from Apex so bad, but due to the delays around their forged offerings, I decided to save more and wait longer. I’m glad I did, because they are awesome!!

I’ll throw in the 1-piece Spicer and MGW this spring. The car should be in pretty good shape for a Daily. Thanks to all TMO members for the guidance and advice!!

Last edited:

TMO Supporting Vendors