The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

played with porsche and corvette

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yesterday I took my Boss out for my first real ride in the Catskill Mountains with a couple of friends in their Porsches and one in his Vette. Well "got no fleas on me". My Boss performed like a champ and ran head to head with that new 997, ate the Corvette and struggled with the Cayman S (the best driver in the group, my father-in-law) in the twisties. If I was a better driver and more familiar with my Boss I could have been KING for the Day. I need some time and a lot more mileage behind the wheel of the best Mustang ever built!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW what an awesome ride over 270 miles from 10am to 11pm. Bar stops and dinner included.

I recommend the roads, upstate NY, for a day of fun and camaraderie . West Point is a must.

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
When you get a little more time behind the wheel that Cayman S won't be able to see your rear licence plate in the twisties. Even a Cayman R.

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
Nox
Were you messing around on 9W on Storm King Mountain? Very good road but be careful lots of blind corners where you can encounter traffic coming the other way on the wrong side of the road. Happened to me on a Gixxer 4 years ago and I barely made it without high siding after locking the rear up.
Steve

Plenty of P cars and Z06s at the track, to play with. In fact, they are a dime a dozen out there. It's more fun finding another Boss, and following the lines. Have fun.

TMO Supporting Vendors