The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Playlist suggestions for delivery of new Boss

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fiend said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6WGNd8QR-U

wow a Mastadon fan - VERY COOL !!!

I get me some KSE and Meshuggah for those angry drives :)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zb1Wghne1w[/youtube]

The only disk I have messed with is the one that I removed from the side pipes...volume is controlled with the right foot!

Tucson 302

2013 Black LS #439
BOSS BUS said:
The radio/CD player is the WORST sounding of any vehicle I have ever owned............................listen to the engine, much more satisfying!

It is pretty crappy for a $50K car! My 09 Ram has a much better system

I really hope this thread isnt going to be a thread that starts bashing the Boss radio. I think it was only placed in there for your occasional passenger who has no interest in a great sounding car. Its just there to be chivalrous.

Tucson 302

2013 Black LS #439
max5ive0 said:
I really hope this thread isnt going to be a thread that starts bashing the Boss radio. I think it was only placed in there for your occasional passenger who has no interest in a great sounding car. Its just there to be chivalrous.

Max I concur just role down the windows and listen to the side pipes ;D

Didn't mean to turn the conversation negative

max5ive0 said:
I love that if music shall be played in the Boss, which seems to be rare, should only be loud, fast, and angry. Given the previous examples. Country and Hip hop need not apply

Angry and/or fast music:)
Rob Zombie (best would be Never Gonna Stop)
Collective Soul - Heavy, Shine
Skillet - first album is great for headbanging and no one has a clue what band it is :)
Powerman 5000
Spiderbait - Black Betty
Paul Oakenfold - Ready Steady Go
The Prodigy - Spitfire, Omen, Warriors Dance

Not angry but good modern driving songs:
The Heavy - How You Like Me Now? (a really good cover of the original song, you will recognize it)
Rob Dougan - I'm Not Driving Anymore

[size=14pt]
But by far the ultimate song for a race car IMO:
Cake - The Distance
[/size]

Today ( day 3 of driving season ) was Queen: under pressure followed by no radio and windows down for some 3 rd gear pulls.

Very stressful job and a drive in the BOSS was exactly what I needed. I park a bit away from the other cars ( you know what I mean ). It feels so good to see that Grabber Blue BOSS just waiting to fire up!

ufnavy06

Some say he has a tattoo of his face on his face.
Unfortunately, my iPod has which my ultimate driving song playlist has crapped out. But some of the music I enjoy when I'm not windows down include:

Life in the Fast Lane - The Eagles
Boys of Summer - Don Henley
Layla - Derek and the Dominos
Cruisin' - Smokey Robinson
Ice, Ice, Baby - Vanilla Ice (c'mon it references a 5.0)
Midnight City - M83
Cities in Dust - The Everlove
How it Starts - The Wilderness (Song from the Mustang commercial)
Blow Me Away - Breaking Benjamin
More Than a Feeling - Boston
Life is a Highway - Tom Cochrane

But I believe Top Gear did a list of the best all-time driving songs:
1) Don't Stop Me Now - Queen
2) Radar Love - Golden Earring
3) Bat Out of Hell - Meatloaf
4) Born to be Wild - Steppenwolf
5) Highway Star - Deep Purple

Can't argue with any of them but the Meatloaf is a bit odd but does fit, as you'll see when you open up that throttle.

Saliva has some good ones too:

SuperStar
ClickClickBoom
LackLuster
DopeRide
LadiesandGentlemen

Down With the Sickness - Disturbed
BOOM - P.o.d

and you can't go wrong with NickelBack, Staind, Theory of a Deadman, Breaking Benjamin, etc...

rpm3dinc said:
Saliva has some good ones too:

SuperStar
ClickClickBoom
LackLuster
DopeRide
LadiesandGentlemen

Down With the Sickness - Disturbed
BOOM - P.o.d

and you can't go wrong with NickelBack, Staind, Theory of a Deadman, Breaking Benjamin, etc...

Those are good ones. I would also throw some Godsmack and Korn in there (which is what I rev to).

TMO Supporting Vendors