The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Pocono - August 25th w/ Hooked On Driving

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Is anyone planning to go to this event? The cost is $295. I run with them often and they usually provide a very good amount of track time (Typically 5, 30 min sessions). For those of you who have never been to Pocono it's REALLY fast! It looks like they will be running a new configuation at this event that sounds like a lot of fun. Here's what it says on their site:

"Now the double uses both the North and SouthEast (new configuration) along with NASCAR turns 1 and 2 and the Main straight. This configuration is so new we will be the first to do it! Both fast and technical, this is the track to test all the skills you've been working on all season."

If anyone hasn't run with HOD before and wants to shoot me thier email address and name I'd apprecaite it - they offer credits for referrals. Thanks

Yeah I went. The new configuration we ran was awesome...by far the best Pocono has to offer. I don't have any pics at the moment but I'm expecting a video from a guy in an STI who was behind me for the last 15 min of the day when they let us run the full NASCAR tri-oval. All I can say is wow!!!! I wouldn't want a whole day on the tri oval but it was the perfect way to end the day!

I believe HOD is back at Pocono on sept 22 and will be running the same configuration.

I will post the video if/when I receive it.

Here is the link to the video I mentioned in my last post. It's taken from a WRX on the full NASCAR Tri-oval. You can't see much of my Boss but he comes up on me around minute 10. You do get a good idea of how insanely fast we were going though.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=i0NzbwpXT1M[/youtube]

TMO Supporting Vendors