The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Polar Bear Drive Jan 1st (Sacramento, Ca area)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I had talked about this but thought I had better get it going--who would be interested in a drive this Thursday? We would meet at Dutch Bros coffee in Granite Bay, Ca near the corner of Douglas and Auburn Folsom. Meet early and leave by 9am. Head up to Auburn, zip across highway 49 to Cool, zoom around by Georgetown and head to Placerville. Merge onto highway 50 back to Folsom and have lunch at Chick-Fil-A. Let me know and if enough are interested it will be a go....tell your friends too.

Sounds like fun. The trunk monkey and I are in. Any other locals up for a drive?

Oh man I would love to go but seems we are having a New Years party tonight and well 9am in Granite Bay does not look likely to happen - my brain may be a bit swollen tomorrow morning! I lived in Hangtown through high school - that route you're taking is a fun one - but watch for ICE tomorrow especially on 49 and 193 - I mean really watch, it's a long way down to the American River and it will freeze tonight up there!

Have a blast though!

Thanks--about 6 cars going as of now. Ice was a concern, if it looks too bad we'll skip Georgetown and just take 193/49 straight to Placerville.

Nice drive today--about 15 cars attended. Sorry I could not stay for lunch, had to put out a fire (not literally) at home. Start to finish was just under 70 miles, no traffic and very little to no ice. The scenery was beautiful, just wish I had a co pilot to take pics for me.
qrn406.jpg

It was a nice turnout. I did see some ice alongside the road and had my rear slide around a couple of times but nobody did any unplanned canyon excursions. The coldest temp I saw on my highly accurate Boss thermometer was 32 F. There were 8 mustangs, 6 Hondas/Acuras and one Focus ST that disappeared after about 30 minutes of driving. It was over 100 miles of driving from my home and a great way to start the new year. Unfortunately my camera man was snoozing most of the morning but here's a few more photos.

IMG_4946_zps2c3be4aa.jpg
IMG_4948_zps6644a18f.jpg
IMG_4949_zps34b22042.jpg

I see a couple of my Grabber Blue buddies made it. As it was, I was playing flag football yesterday morning in So. Sac. The way my body feels today, I wish I'd done the drive... ::)

I played Christmas morning too- I feel your pain.. haha. I plan to do more drives so keep looking here or check on the Cars and Coffee Folsom facebook page.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel