The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Political post

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Regardless of party, including Independent, we all should just be laughing at the silliness of this " Potstirrer." Well, come to think of it, Elon does like Pot, ha,ha!

They've already taken over and burned cities in the Pacific Northwest as seen on the tele. The party of tolerance isn't unless it's their way. We are in a low intensity conflict for our nation as of now as explained in Army field manual 3-24, insurgencies and counter insurgencies. Our beloved gas powered cars will be taxed out the arse in the future if they get their way. Biden will limit US government purchases to electric vehicles by 2035 if google searches are correct. Plus he want to see 50 percent of all cars sold in the US to be electric in the near future. I see lots of TV commercials featuring electric cars. They are priming us for the big push. Only us Neanderthals would want to drive a gasoline powered car. Remember the diesel fuel push back in the 80's? Fire up the projectors for the movie re run. Ok, I'm off my soapbox!!! :p

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Geez, guys, we have no idea if this is even real, since virtually every news outlet ( Liberal or Conservative ) has been reporting about all the infiltration on Twitter, Facebook, etc. by Russia, China and others. We toss out comments about Fascists and Communists like they are the same ( by the way Fascists and Nazis are Far Right and Communists are considered Far Left ) and we all fail to think about how discord is sown -- from within. Every time I read something like this , regardless of the side it seems to be criticizing I take a pause and question how reliable the source is since we are told daily that there is a War against Social Media misinformation. There is a reason the Government is looking to ban TikTok due to China's likely access to so much personal data in the US. Funny that in Finland and other European Countries , children are taught to catch and disavow various types of Russian propaganda - especially pervasive on the Internet.

The Army manual was brought up, so take it a step further since divide and conquer is a well known tactic even by those with little Military background.

Please take time to question, especially when items seem extreme and ridiculous - logic and rational thought is something most of still have, as long as we do not allow irrational emotion to intervene.

Sorry, now I am off my soapbox, I am way more concerned about Russia, North Korea, China, Iran, etc. than I am Democrats, Republicans, Libertarians, Independents, Green Party Members, etc.

Bill, agree with you 100 percent. Not picking on any one group. I guess my meaning is there are many bad actors both foreign and domestic that would like to tarnish the USA. The field manual reference is great for definitions and ideology and such. No one studies things as well as our government. We are very adept at such things. Mostly in good ways. :)

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
Reading and teaching the army manual mentioned can be enlightening. It’s curious that almost all governments/societies are at some stage of insurgency. Why? Because unless your civilization is at A point where the overwhelming majority are in total agreement, zero disagreement, you exist in one of the stages of insurgence. It’s easy for the spin masters to use “Insurgency” to get folks riled up. Peal back the onion and it’s usually just political spin. Big Army has few skills relative to insurgency. Still they write the manuals. Any one curious why the Ukraine is doing so well? It ain’t big army!!
if we could somehow role back time to the day newspapers were the standard form to pass “The Word”, we could at least slow down the flow of pure BS. The ole fashioned 24 hour news cycle, when word came out once a day, was digestible. Today, the first to react, Over React, seems to prevail. Truth be damned. Slow the role please. Too many are over cooking the corners, and loosing time/knowledge While trying to prove the other side wrong. Let’s get back to doing right and letting the chips fall, please.

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Good thoughts and think about how this Forum operates to the benefit of all, when someone has a problem many members take time to reach back into their minds for similar problems. With so many helping, even though the experiences are not identical, often a common thread comes out and the situation is resolved. I recommend this site to more folks than any I have ever been associated with because the spirit of working together is so pervasive. Sure, tracking the Mustang is the common interest, but as with so many things in life once we take a simple break, pause and smell the burning rubber, we see how similar we all are.

TMSBOSS

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
Same. The time it takes me to write out an idea often is enough time to change my thoughts, some what. It you are mad about something, write down your response asap. JUST don’t send it until you have had time to digest. Telling some one they are an idiot usually only strengthens their resolve. More so if they are an idiot:oops::rolleyes: Don’t join their club.

News Flash........putin just canceled his Tesla order til things calm down.......musk threatened to cancel his Twitter account......this could get ugly!!!!!!!!!!!...........seriously.......musk seems to be losing any sense of reality since taking over Twitter........

Geez, guys, we have no idea if this is even real, since virtually every news outlet ( Liberal or Conservative ) has been reporting about all the infiltration on Twitter, Facebook, etc. by Russia, China and others. We toss out comments about Fascists and Communists like they are the same ( by the way Fascists and Nazis are Far Right and Communists are considered Far Left ) and we all fail to think about how discord is sown -- from within. Every time I read something like this , regardless of the side it seems to be criticizing I take a pause and question how reliable the source is since we are told daily that there is a War against Social Media misinformation. There is a reason the Government is looking to ban TikTok due to China's likely access to so much personal data in the US. Funny that in Finland and other European Countries , children are taught to catch and disavow various types of Russian propaganda - especially pervasive on the Internet.

The Army manual was brought up, so take it a step further since divide and conquer is a well known tactic even by those with little Military background.

Please take time to question, especially when items seem extreme and ridiculous - logic and rational thought is something most of still have, as long as we do not allow irrational emotion to intervene.

Sorry, now I am off my soapbox, I am way more concerned about Russia, North Korea, China, Iran, etc. than I am Democrats, Republicans, Libertarians, Independents, Green Party Members, etc.

as far as i'm concerned they are the same. if you're more worried about china than the left that sounds like you just don't understand the enemy.
marxists are marxists are marxists. they seek to destroy what exists in order to consolidate power underneath them "for the greater good".
the only difference between a commie and a fascist is the means by which they implement their authoritarian regime.
both are antithetical to America and therefore both are enemies of the people, whether they be foreign or domestic.
1669488677926.png

TMSBOSS

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
Tesla and Musk comments. He has been there weeks, barely. Too early to see anything beyond haters and opponents with predictions.
Personally, I challenge folks who disagree with his comments regarding truth as the deciding factor for participation, to explain their point of view. What he did was expose the slant and call it out. Cutting staff, needed, the site still functions with a diminished ability to “Shape Reality”. Let it roll before calling the coroner

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Huntsville, AL
I agree…Musk hasn’t been in control long enough for anyone to know the true future of the platform. Either way, it won’t affect me as I have been off the platform ever since I no longer needed to follow my kids and parent accordingly…which is the only reason I joined to begin with.

I do think his decision to slice staff was a smart move for nothing else as a smart business decision. I believe his words were, the platform was literally started by two guys in their garage as a discussion board…it ain’t rocket science…or something to that effect.

Tesla and Musk comments. He has been there weeks, barely. Too early to see anything beyond haters and opponents with predictions.
Personally, I challenge folks who disagree with his comments regarding truth as the deciding factor for participation, to explain their point of view. What he did was expose the slant and call it out. Cutting staff, needed, the site still functions with a diminished ability to “Shape Reality”. Let it roll before calling the coroner

I've been at companies that changed ownership more than a few times. Software companies, in particular.
What people don't realize is this... twitter isn't sophisticated. its just a website that allows people to post stuff. you don't REALLY need hundreds of people to manage that, certainly not thousands. It was obviously FILLED with people doing A. nothing and B. worse than nothing (bad things).

twitter isn't amazon. it is supposed to be largely self regulated which scales with growth.

initially he canned like half the workforce which was probably a charitable thing to do. next he insisted people actually work. When people complained he offered them the door and 3 months severance if they didn't want their jobs. most took the door. this says a LOT about the kind of shitbirds working for twitter.

what he's done is smart. he did things that would've been catastrophic for a company who's' workforce was actually doing something useful but twitter continued humming along perfectly and is better for it. he's already proven what we all knew, most people just don't realize it yet.

i've been a software engineer for over a decade. I don't know much about twiter but I do know debugging and he's been debugging an entire software company in real time right in front of our eyes.

TMO Supporting Vendors