The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Poll: Have you modified your BOSS?

How much have you modified your BOSS?

• Zero changes from stock

Votes: 10 19.2%
  • Wheels and/or tires only

Votes: 3 5.8%
  • I've added a few things

Votes: 22 42.3%
  • I've added a lot of things

Votes: 13 25.0%
  • Man, there is no way my mods can be returned to stock

Votes: 4 7.7%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

May have been similar polls but the thought jumped into my head that I am dead set to keep my BOSS totally stock. It's personal preference and I will suffer at the auto cross. How about everyone else? Where do you fall?

Mine was modified from stock minutes after I had it home in my garage. I had new wheels installed within the first 24 hours of ownership. :eek:

I installed a cold air intake, tune, and exhaust. The car drives so nicely stock, that I have no desire to modify it much more. I learned my lesson from modifying my fox body lol. My fox body is a handful to drive on the street and it's finicky about changes in weather. I bought the Boss because I wanted a reliable cruiser that I can drive anywhere and will start every time I turn the key.

Senderofan

Having more fun than should be allowed..in my Boss
Started upgrades to mine after my first track experience with it. It's personal preference...like it was pointed out. After the suspension and braking were improved....a bit more power was added. Now the whole package suits me fine......both on the track and on the street. It's amazing how well these cars can perform......for just being a heavy pony car :)!

Wayne

I have not modified mine, like what they did with this car right from Ford and don't take it to the track.
I joke that the license plate frame that I've added is what I've done to trick it out.

Tucson 302

2013 Black LS #439
My car was basically stock from Jan 2013 when I bought it to Aug 2013, thats when I attended track attack. Since then its become a track only car with a new suspension, shifter, AED tune, cat deletes, Watson roll bar, PJ CAI, and more that I can't remember right now :) And of course more to come!

Propilot

Support your local MS Society Chapter
Just my opinion...A car is only original one time. There will come a time when the original vehicle will be the rare one, not the modified one.

To each his own...

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
Cooling mods and DOT4 fluid for the track only on the Boss. Trans scoop, brake ducts, 302S grille, dust shields removed from the rears.

Brembo GT/fake Boss is nearly a Boss clone except for the stripes, torsen, clutch, and the engine.
LS struts, LS spoiler, Boss shocks, side pipes, facia, splitter, grille, Boss+925 Setrab oil coolers, trans scoop, brake ducts, P springs, MM plates, GT500 diff cover, GT500 ABs, Roush side splitters, ProCal, intake insulation.

I've only done a few things and they are all easily reversible. JLT oil separator, sound tube delete, 3/4" exhaust baffles, Boss 302S wheels with Michelin PSS, homemade grill inserts and a Boss 302 sticker under the 3rd brake light.

All my modes can be reversed if necessary.

2013 BOSS 302 car #704, Special Order Color, School Bus Yellow.
Options: Recaro Racing Seats, Torsion Differential, Brembo Brakes & Car Cover.

Mods so far I have done:
Ford Racing BOSS 302 Specific Lowering Springs, w/Bump Stops (35mm RR, 15mm Frt.)
Ford Racing Laguna Seca Brake Duct Cooling Kit
Ford Racing Laguna Seca Front Splitter
Ford Racing Laguna Transmission Cooling Scoop
Ford Racing BOSS 302S Front Grill
Ford Racing BOSS 302S ARP 3” Wheel Studs & Lugs
Ford Racing Finned Differential Cover w/fill, drain & vent (Not Installed)
Ford Racing Track-Key Programming (Red Key)
BMR Upper Control Arm and Mounting Bracket
BMR Lower Control Arms
BMR Lower Control Arm Relocation Brackets
STEEDA Front G-Track Brace
STEEDA Adjustable Panhard Bar
STEEDA Panhard Bar Brace
Cool Tech LLC Roll Bar & Rear Shock Tower Brace and optional Diagonal Bar
Cool Tech LLC 6-Point Harnesses
JLT Oil Separators
Allstar Performance Rear Differential Catch Can & Breather
Silver Horse Racing Black Billet door handles, lock cups, mirror knob.
Kooks Side-pipes on order!

MUBAR, Modded up beyond all recognition.

Stuff is missing, several holes here and there, so low it scrapes, loud as balls, etc.

Boss1601 said:
May have been similar polls but the thought jumped into my head that I am dead set to keep my BOSS totally stock. It's personal preference and I will suffer at the auto cross. How about everyone else? Where do you fall?

I am not one to modify any of my cars but I have removed the baffle plates from all of my Boss cars and I have activated the TracKey on two of my Boss cars and on that same Boss car I have removed the 45 pound 2 piece steel drive shaft from that Boss car and had it replaced with a 15 pound one piece carbon fiber drive shaft.

Obviously this is a much more improved drive train with a 1 piece carbon fiber drive train unit compared to a 2 steel drive train unit along with much improved performance by eliminating 30 pounds of rotating mass.

Acceleration in each gear is much more fluid and improved and would recommend this change to any Boss owner.

:)

TMO Supporting Vendors