The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

POLL - How do you use your Boss?

What is your Boss' PRIMARY role in life?

• Daily Driver

Votes: 37 27.2%
  • Weekend Warrior

Votes: 67 49.3%
  • Track/Autox Monster

Votes: 17 12.5%
  • Show/Other

Votes: 15 11.0%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drano38

Wayne
Bought for track duty--15 days/1650 miles in 12 months.
Also drive to work a couple weeks a month.
And go to a few car shows so people can drool over these great cars.

For us women owners it can be a fun but expencive toy as well. I live in Idaho. We usually have snow on the ground from November till March and sometimes into May. My baby sits in a warm garage from the time the snow starts falling till the time when the roads are clear and it's over the to cold limit for my tires. I drive a Ford Expedition during the winter. While some have visions of sugar plums dancing through their head I dream of warm weather and driving my Boss.

Propilot

Support your local MS Society Chapter
I use mine as a third car after my daily driver (Hyundai Elantra) and my "ex" toy ('09 Challenger RT). Here in Michigan the show/cruise circuit is somewhat short (usually mid-may to late October) and when it is nice out I attend as many MS Society outdoor events as possible promoting MS awareness as well as other local car events. I may venture out a bit this coming summer to visit the Ford Nats....we'll see how $$ and the work schedule work out.

Weekend/out to dinner car. I also use it when I have my kids. They love riding in the Boss!! Just started tracking and hope to do it 15 plus times a year.

Mine is just for fun. A couple of track days a year, a few car shows, or just a nice cruse on a summer day the boss can do it all in style.

I bought my LS after my first track day in my 392 challenger this summer. I found the hpde a lot of fun but decided the 4200 lb challenger wasn't the platform. Also just plain jealous of the enthusiast support from ford where you get next to zero from dodge.

So I take it for an occasional spin but its mostly for me to play on track days. I have tons to learn and love it.

Challenger is for sale. I dd and drag my charger.

not my daily driver but does get driven most days in the summer when not raining. Also 3-4 track days per season and looking forward to first event of 2013 on 3/29 at Autobahn CC!!!

Jeff, How does your Boss handle in the snow? I assume you have snow tires on..but still, a 444hp car on slippery roads can be very tricky, no? It snowed here in Ct Saturday & my Boss hasn't been out since...maybe tomorrow for a New Years day run if the roads have dried out. :-\

yes i run 18" 255/45 Blizzak LM60s all around. It wasn't too bad in the snow, I was driving in pretty horrible conditions the other night. Was a little scary here and there but it did pretty well. The tires make a world of difference.

JScheier

Too Hot for the Boss!
Mine has almost 6k miles on it... 998 from delivery (DFW to Denver) and the rest are track miles.

It spends the majority of it's time either holding down my garage floor, keeping jack stands from getting away and waiting patiently (in a heated garage) for spring to come around.

The rest of the time, the right pedal is buried, the tires are melting and the rotors are glowing :)

Daily driver and track toy. Although, when not travelling for work, I work from home so car is over a year old and has only 9500 miles

NeuRon

2012 500A #1626
As limited as the miles are, it is my daily driver. I was looking at a modified GT, but the Boss seemed more appropriate and able to handle the abuse of daily driving in our months of 100+ degree heat. It's been a real champ this first year (or more) and 7500 miles. The license plate really says it all: RAT RCR ;D

TMO Supporting Vendors