The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

POLL - How do you use your Boss?

What is your Boss' PRIMARY role in life?

• Daily Driver

Votes: 37 27.2%
  • Weekend Warrior

Votes: 67 49.3%
  • Track/Autox Monster

Votes: 17 12.5%
  • Show/Other

Votes: 15 11.0%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
Mine was bought to solely and relentlessly go around in a clockwise direction (although sometimes it's been known to go counterclockwise on those silly pro ovals) and burn up gas, oil, brake pads and rotors. If it sees a public street it means I'm taking my Pony to the Vet for some mod installations ;D

I don't even know what I'll do with the Boss yet. I know it's going to be sitting for another few months till the snow clears. I don't know if I'll DD it through the summer or if it will become a garage queen. I will probably get it to a dragstrip at least once a year but that's about it as far as competition.

All I really know is that I had to have it and the rest is in the wind. ;D

Boss0960 said:
I don't know if I'll DD it through the summer or if it will become a garage queen.

The Boss is a muscel car and meant to be driven. please dont turn your Boss into a Garage QUEEN. It neds to flex its horse power.

boss man said:
The Boss is a muscel car and meant to be driven. please dont turn your Boss into a Garage QUEEN. It neds to flex its horse power.

LOL. I know it might sound strange but I really don't know how this is going to play out for me. It will likely become my summer daily driver.

I'll be honest. I would love to do some track days but I find the expense of consumables (tires, brakes, gas, oil, etc.) plus track fees and beginner driver training fees to be an obstacle. I don't get a Track Attack like U.S. Boss owners. The occasional drag strip day and maybe some Solo events are closer to my competitive level.

unrealford

Mustang owner since 84
Re: Re: POLL - How do you use your Boss?

Boss0960 said:
I'll be honest. I would love to do some track days but I find the expense of consumables (tires, brakes, gas, oil, etc.) plus track fees and beginner driver training fees to be an obstacle. I don't get a Track Attack like U.S. Boss owners. The occasional drag strip day and maybe some Solo events are closer to my competitive level.
This is very similar to my use and experience, I don't believe I have the extra dough for track events or the vacation time.
Mines a nice summer day driver and occasional drag strip.
I don't even drive it much in summer because I only work 10 miles away and I work mid nights , it's not very fun driving to work at 11pm and parking it in a lot with hundreds of doushebags that are careless in the lot.
Then driving home in morning to be parked in garage all day while I'm sleeping the day away.
Hate my job, but pays good.

Weekend, fair weather, when I feel like a ride. Usually take the wife, she doesn't appreciate a ride on the back of my Honda RC 51.................but the Boss's comfy Recaros fit the bill just fine. I live 45 miles from town, so if I need a car part and can't take a bike I'll take the BOSS. I take it for blasts across the Allegheny Mountains.............. RT 250 west, Rt 39 west, or Rt 33 west which lie directly in my back yard when the urge arises as well. But it is a tough decision, I just love to grab a fist full of throttle on that RC, tilt her hard in the corners, and hear that V-Twin howl and echo through the valleys. But each year I get another birthday (57 this time) that sport bike gets a little tougher to get on, and those Recaros look better every day, ha, ha!

Re: Re: POLL - How do you use your Boss?

unrealford said:
I work mid nights , it's not very fun driving to work at 11pm and parking it in a lot with hundreds of doushebags that are careless in the lot.
Then driving home in morning to be parked in garage all day while I'm sleeping the day away.
Hate my job, but pays good.

Dude, you forgot the worst part. I just got finished about 8 years of midnight shifts (steady days now :D). The part I hated was that you take your clean, shiny car to work. By the time you go home, the dew has settled all over it and attracted tons of blowing dust. Once home, you realize that the car you just cleaned yesterday is all spotted, filthy and needs a wash after only one day of taking it to work.

unrealford

Mustang owner since 84
Re: Re: Re: POLL - How do you use your Boss?

Boss0960 said:
Dude, you forgot the worst part. I just got finished about 8 years of midnight shifts (steady days now :D). The part I hated was that you take your clean, shiny car to work. By the time you go home, the dew has settled all over it and attracted tons of blowing dust. Once home, you realize that the car you just cleaned yesterday is all spotted, filthy and needs a wash after only one day of taking it to work.
Omg, your completely right dew would collect and dust and bugs would be stuck all over.

Strickly a fun car. Love taking it on the track and driving it on the street. I've had it on numerous tracks and plan on more with it. It's imposible to just keep it in the garage. I have to take it out to run it.

MGCurry

2013 Boss 302 #1548 SBY
I live in Long Island and work in NYC so my commute is via railroad. So my car is somewhere between DD and weekend warrior or as I would put it a light DD. I also have 3 classic fords, so my driving time is split pretty evenly in-season according to mood (women have different shoes?) I picks watch and pick a car to strike my mood. Just like more cowbell I can always take more Power by ford. (my Gran Torino has a bordering 500hp 460" with Gobs of torque. and a 67 289/4sp Fastback Stang. my biggest issue is that they all get loved on enough.

M

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel