The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Poll - Why did you buy your Boss?

Poll - What motivated you to buy your Boss 302?

• Bought it to track it - stock.

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • Bought it to track it - gonna mod it.

Votes: 11 13.8%
  • Bought it for nostalgia of the Boss name - keeping it stock.

Votes: 24 30.0%
  • Bought it for the nostalgia of the Boss name - gonna mod it.

Votes: 11 13.8%
  • Bought it because it's cool.

Votes: 15 18.8%
  • Other - please post.

Votes: 14 17.5%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
cloud9 said:
Bought it to look at it in my garage. I'll start it up every once in a while, then wash it again. It's going to stay stock and I won't track it because high speeds frighten me.

Pretty much the same, in fact I'll just leave the cover on it all the time so the harmful UV rays don't get to the paint.

cloud9 said:
Bought it to look at it in my garage. I'll start it up every once in a while, then wash it again. It's going to stay stock and I won't track it because high speeds frighten me.

So says the guy with the most track miles on his Boss. ;D

98RedGT

2012 #552
Bought mine because I am huge fan of Mustangs and 2012 Boss is one of the best yet. It's also a start of my Mustang collection, since it makes 2 now. Within a few years I hope to add by getting a '67 Fastaback or '69 Mach 1

I picked "other."

As someone who was too young to experience the first golden age of the American muscle car during the late 60s early 70s, I did work on them and drive them growing up.

The BOSS is very much like my former 69 Camaro and other cars of that era; low, fast, sexy etc. And like the real Muscle cars America once made, it performs at a world-class level. It's the real thing.

As a car lover, the Boss got me buying American again - that's saying something. The Boss (along with the bailout) also turned me from a GM guy to a Ford guy.

I had been reading the articles on the Boss and thought I would never get one due to mark up. I walked in to a dealer to get a part for my Focus and started talking with a salesman about buying a new California Special. He asked me what my second choice would be and I mentioned the Boss on the showroom floor. I walked out with it an hour later. I have always been a Ford guy and the last Mustang I owned was a 93 GT. This is over the top of what I thought it would be. I have never driven a any high end imports so I enjoy the comments of how this car has evolved compared to the competition. Yes there are issues but Damb this thing is fun. I drive it every day and every day I can't believe I drive it. If I had to admit why I bought it it's because I think Ford did it right and I didn't want to miss out on another legend. It also reminds me of the 83 GT I had with white and the blacked out hood.

DieselRocket said:
Got any pics to share of the '69?

;D
The 69 is on a rotisserie at the moment.
Otherwise, you can see what it looked like when I bought it at http://s983.photobucket.com/albums/ae311/rtm4com/.
I can upload rotisserie pictures to the album if anyone has an interest in seeing them.

I was in the market for something special. I've owned two SS Camaros(one heavily modded) but the down right ugliness of the new Camaro was out. Got down to the SRT8, GT500, and the Boss. I started following various forums on each car to gain info and get a feel. The SRT8 was a frontrunner until I learned that cracking the puter is proving to be a chore and various emissions codes popping in would be inevitible. For that kinda coin to be thrown down I felt the SRT8 was not a wise purchase. Plus the fact I already had a huge headache from the emission crap I had to go thru with my 07.5 4x4 Laramie Megacab Cummins. So, went to a dealer to look at GT500s and they also had a RR Boss. I saw the Boss's heritage right away. Never thought I'd own anyting red but I was stunned to say the least. I knew from that moment I'd own one. I just just had to find my girl. Everybody wanted to get me into the GT500 and were willing to cut alot of $$$ off. Tempting but my mind was already set. Got married to RR #1930 on Nov. 7 2011.

I will lightly mod and be able to return to stock easily.

I picked other,

I bought the Boss because my dad bought a 73 Mustang back in 78 to resell when he decided to be a used car dealer. Ever since, I have dreamed of Mustangs of all kinds. I love road racing, so Shelby's and Boss Mustangs have always been my favorite. I have had several Mustangs over the years 86GT / 85GT / 07GT/CS. When the Boss Legend show came on Speed Channel, my 13-year daughter and I watched it together. She instantly fell in love. That was it; I had to get a Boss. I could have lived without a Boss as my 07 GT/CS was converted to a Shelby GT, but once the daughter wanted one there was no holding me back. What can I say; I am a sucker for little girls. I have four BTW.

The Boss will for the most part stay stock with the exception being LS parts. I run Stock or street touring classes in the SCCA Solo Autocross so mods are limited. I will track the Boss every chance I get. Only limit being how many sets of brakes and tires I can afford.

If anyone is interested in autocross on a small town level, check out the Red River Region (RRR) SCCA on Facebook. Our website is being rebuilt right now so it is down, but our Facebook page is up and running. We run most our events in the Shreveport/Bossier City LA area. I am currently the RRR Regional Executive so if you are interested let me know.

Chris

Other - Loved Ford products and Mustangs. Had a modded '07 V6 and l really got excited about the Coyote development initiative. Wanted a NA 302 in a wickedly fast factory car and when the details of the Boss program came out it was even better than I imagined it would be - heavy duty engine, performance suspension and 1000 more RPM. Plus, being a child of the late 60s and early 70s, the idea of an ultimate, balanced race car for the street sold me. That and the fact that the performance V8 era was already beginning to evolve to different power plants made me really want the pinnacle of its kind before the beast becomes extinct. I practically want to sacrifice an animal to it every time I see it. (No PITA comments here - I'm just saying for effect - we have many healthy pets living good, long lives)

TMO Supporting Vendors