The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Poll - Why did you buy your Boss?

Poll - What motivated you to buy your Boss 302?

• Bought it to track it - stock.

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • Bought it to track it - gonna mod it.

Votes: 11 13.8%
  • Bought it for nostalgia of the Boss name - keeping it stock.

Votes: 24 30.0%
  • Bought it for the nostalgia of the Boss name - gonna mod it.

Votes: 11 13.8%
  • Bought it because it's cool.

Votes: 15 18.8%
  • Other - please post.

Votes: 14 17.5%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

For me, it has been a journey of a lifetime. As a kid growing up in the 80's I fell in love with the Mustang, and grew a special affinity for the '70 Boss as young as 7.

In high school I bought an abused '87 GT nursing it back to health before selling it for college money. I took a small part of that sale and set it aside in special saving account as the beginning of my future Mustang fund.

That was over 10 years ago, the savings has grown and when Ford announced the 302 in 2010, I knew the time had come. I'm (in theory) less than a month away from completing the journey from a child's dream to owning an actual Boss. ;D

ihatepotholess said:
i bought it so i can be cool ;)
You cannot buy Cool. 8)

Cool as an elusive essenceAccording to this theory, cool is a real, but unknowable property. Cool, like "Good", is a property that exists, but can only be sought after. In the New Yorker article, "The Coolhunt",[41] cool is given three characteristics:

"The act of discovering what's cool is what causes cool to move on"
"Cool cannot be manufactured, only observed"
"[Cool] can only be observed by those who are themselves cool".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cool_(aesthetic)

5 DOT 0 said:
ihatepotholess said:
You cannot buy Cool. 8)

Cool as an elusive essenceAccording to this theory, cool is a real, but unknowable property. Cool, like "Good", is a property that exists, but can only be sought after. In the New Yorker article, "The Coolhunt",[41] cool is given three characteristics:

That was way too ANALytical ;D

Hey, Steve McQueen was cool anyway, but let's face it - the '68 390 Fastback made him over the top cool...Mustangs provide cool there's no denying...

5 DOT 0 said:
ihatepotholess said:
You cannot buy Cool. 8)

This thread just got uncool.

ufnavy06

Some say he has a tattoo of his face on his face.
Bought it for the nostalgia of the Boss name - gonna mod it.

I was more into Shelbys when I was younger since my dad should have had one until I was 15. I remind him to this day about buying the Corvette over the GT500, so I kinda had a thing for Mustangs. I don't think I fully understood what the Boss was until I sold my '06 GT last March. I knew of the Boss but didn't know it. I tried to talk my parents into buying me a '69 Mach I with the Cleveland 351 when I was 16, 12 years ago. It was definitely drivable but needed some love, so since then I've felt a bond with the '69 Mustang body, hence me buying an '06. I originally liked the '70 body more, especially in yellow on the Boss, but the '69 just called out to me and now I couldn't imagine not having the 2012 Boss.

As far as mods, they will be light (exhaust, brake pads) and I will keep all of the original parts to return to stock if it is ever necessary.

If you own a BOSS you are while you are in it, but when you get out oh well that is another story. Just lok around you how many CAMAROS, CHARGES, other do you see....LOTS, But when you see a Boss old, or new you almost wreck trying to look at it. NOW THAT IS COOL.

98RedGT

2012 #552
LING952 said:
If you own a BOSS you are while you are in it, but when you get out oh well that is another story. Just lok around you how many CAMAROS, CHARGES, other do you see....LOTS, But when you see a Boss old, or new you almost wreck trying to look at it. NOW THAT IS COOL.

well said!

TMO Supporting Vendors