The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

&**%$### Pollen

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Get to the other side of the car washing it and its already covered with that yellow shiznit !!!

I can detail spray or cali duster it off ya ?

Pissed I am - that is all

Swiesz said:
I would detail spray. Happens to me all the time. You using Adams products?

I have had a like a case of and Meguires*sp detail spray that I've been using up. Its not too bad but I should have just got the Adams when I got their mf and drying towels - next time

Don't notice it at all (except the windows).............................................SBY for the win! BTW, my previous car, a Corvette was BLACK, I'm loving the yellow!

I really wouldn't detail spray it off. Pollen can do some decent swirling. I would at least hose it all off again then detail spray while still wet as a drying aid.

Pollen looks like this
PollenGrains.jpg

ForceofWill said:
I really wouldn't detail spray it off. Pollen can do some decent swirling. I would at least hose it all off again then detail spray while still wet as a drying aid.

Pollen looks like this
PollenGrains.jpg

jeebus h f*** ! Hose and detail spray it is. When I use the California Scratcher - I make sure I use the Junkmans technique - extremely extremely light touch - like just the edges and only used it a 1/2 a dozen times

Yea, if you have a good quality wax job on it, you can run water over it and use detailer spray and be fine. I wish I could use a leaf blower but that doesn't seem to work to well on mine. Pollen does imbed itself to the finish if your using a less then high quality wax or sealant so it doesn't come off so easy. The highest surface tension that can be achieved is by using synthetics and they work on the nano scale, that's why they last so long. You don't get the deep down shine that Carnauba wax gives you but it on the molecular scale the pollen can't hold on as well. Watch the high pressure spraying also, because the water can work against you too if your blasting the demon seed in to your paint. It all depends on how anal you are about your car.

GA
I use polymer based waxes like Meguiar's NXT 2.0 Tech Wax a couple of times a year. The pollen washes right off. I use some Turtle Wax Bug and Tar remover to take off the track grime and "rubber pollen", and that usually comes off easy too.

TMO Supporting Vendors