The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Porsche Taycan --- er , one drive and I am afraid I just changed my mind about EV!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
I agree Doc, as like anyone I love the 911 Turbo or even a regular 911 , but the tossability of the Cayman S, GTS, GT4 just suits my driving style more. As silly as it sounds, the 911 is too civilized for me and too prone to kick in the nannies , regardless of how much you switch things off. I will admit to loving the brand, but for you and me, the looks and fun of the Cayman hits the mark. Well, except that the GT3 is still my ultimate Porsche, but I put that on the far back burner , as the price of admission I out of my billfold range!!

Once you hit the 100K mark anything past that is just not attainable for me...….not that 100K is but after a few years of light use they at least are less of a dream and more a possibility. The 911, as you mentioned Bill, seems to have become more of a touring car than track car so even though it's more than capable, the Cayman has become the sweet spot in the lineup. I'll keep dreaming for now.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
I actually came close to getting one a couple of years back, as Ryan ( my son ) called me and told me the Porsche Store he works at got in a low mileage GT4 ------ under 100k and 3000 miles. I realized I would have to sell something and I could not come to that point , but it was tempting with so few miles (and it was a killer blue I had not seen before ).

Basically I also need a larger garage, along with more ..................................money , ha.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel