The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Portable Garage Lifts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GB218

TMO Addict
Hello all,

I'm looking for your input & expertise. I've been thinking about getting a portable lift for my garage since I don't have the height and space for a 2 or 4 post lift. The Atlas Kwik Bay open center 7000 lb looks interesting since the center is open.
( http://www.atlasautoequipment.com/products/mid-rise-scissor-lift/kwik-bay-7000 ).

Does anyone own or have any experience with this lift or this type of lift? Any concerns? Any suggestions?

As always - any and all comments are appreciated.

GB218

@Tob either has that one or a similar one. I believe he's pretty pleased with it.

Bay Area
https://www.quickjack.com/?gclid=Cj...qxglAMUQ89y9-DSkLNNscHMmDAw3Km3GDQaAjep8P8HAQ

I am looking at this. One thing I found out is if I order it online there isn't much of a discount but if you find them at a show, such as Good Guys, Hot August Nights, ETC ( I don't know your area. They will do a 10% off plus free shipping. Im am sure if you paid cash at a show you could get it cheaper but you would have to ask the rep.

I have the quick jack as well and I am very happy with it. But the included urethane blocks are too soft and deformed enough to deform my plastic trim a little. What are you using as a block?

Also, a past co-worker of mine really likes his portable 2-post lift. I forget the name, but it had wheels and bolted to the floor so you have to have good concrete.

Maxjax is what my coworker used. He loved it. I bought the Quickjack since I could just store them under the car in my small garage, and my ceiling is too low for any 2-post I know of in my price range. Also, they are portable if you have a large enough vehicle.

TMO Supporting Vendors