The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Possible Suspension Problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I think I'm with Justin on this one. I don't think an alignment is going to fix this, unless they inadvertantly "fix" something, just because they loosen and re-torque. Not worth the money to hope for that, IMO. This stuff is too easy to R&R to not at least try some basic troubleshooting. Justin recommended removing the relo-brackets. I would also think about swapping LCAs to the opposite sides of the car to see if the handling behaves differently. Finally, leave the relo-brackets and replace the stock LCAs (if that is possible).

I think one of the LCAs is jacked somehow. Maybe a bushing that looks good, but isn't good.

Good luck!

Thanks Jimmy. I'm going to go ahead and do that tonight. Hopefully it's something stupid I did. I won't be able to use the factory LCA's though. They are a bit short.

BOSS343

Theory of 1
Good luck on this one mate. You need to get this your boss operating smoothly. With such nice weather coming up. Twould be a shame to run into a certain Competition Orange and not be able to join on a cruise :p

Senderofan

Having more fun than should be allowed..in my Boss
Measure the gap between the tire and front edge of the fender. It seems that some LCA relocation bracket are bent or shifted. Here's a pretty big thread on the subject...with pictures:

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/2011-2014-mustangs-354/926527-attn-all-relocation-bracket-users.html

I'm a bit bummed since I received a set of these brackets last week.

Wayne

Senderofan said:
Measure the gap between the tire and front edge of the fender. It seems that some LCA relocation bracket are bent or shifted. Here's a pretty big thread on the subject...with pictures:

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/2011-2014-mustangs-354/926527-attn-all-relocation-bracket-users.html

I'm a bit bummed since I received a set of these brackets last week.

Wayne

I checked mine and oddly enough the passenger side was a smidge less than 3 fingers. I've always maintained that if you use relo brackets on a lowered car you need to have the adjustable LCA's. I adjusted mine and now both sides are perfect again.

Well fortunately it's not that issue about the bent brackets. Still no fix yet. I think I'm going to throw in the towel tonight and just drink a bit. I will have more time tomorrow to work on it. Thanks again everyone for the thoughts/input.

Hey guys. I just wanted to say thanks again for all the thoughts/suggestions. I finally found the issue around lunch today. Driver sided, rear LCA front bolt was bent. Replaced it and she runs perfect again. I'm really glad it was something easy, even though it wasnt that easy to find.

TMO Supporting Vendors