The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Post if you served in the Armed Forces, or are a First Responder ( Doctor, Nurse, Fireman, Police Officer, Ambulance Paramedic, Trooper, etc. )

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Noticed in the Member Section that usmc1488 was having a Birthday and with the craziness we are all experiencing with the Corona Virus Pandemic, it hit me that we should be thankful for those on our site who have sacrificed for us now, or in the past. I know TMS served his Country in the Past and there are plenty of folks out there, right now, serving in areas they never expected to be in. I know many of us would appreciate hearing from those on the front lines of this war against the Pandemic and I know all of us are so thankful to those helping others in this dire situation. Chatted with a very close friend of mine this am about how difficult his life was providing food for many and keeping his restaurant going. There is no way we can list all the individuals out there risking things for the rest of us, so please let us know what you are doing so we can thank you on the Forum in our small but meaningful way!

List your sacrifice for the rest of us ----- I am in that high risk age group and I can't express my appreciation enough.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
You did more than that Tracy, and hope to hear from our members on the front line now............and I apologize I couldn't list all those out there helping others ( grocery and essential service workers, etc. ).

Thanks to so many.....

I spent 20 years in the Air Force. 1971 to 1991. Those dates put me in the high risk group so I am staying in. I think I will remain here until there is a vaccine. I will go out for an drive when our state is no longer on lockdown. By that time I will really need a smile and the car all ways does it. Stay safe everyone.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
No. I was stationed in Hawaii and got to go to the more fun places, Guam, Thailand, Korea, Australia. Then I was at Camp Pen and didn't go anywhere besides sitting off shore on an LHD ship, and Portland. But still a great time.
Cool. I spend time in Thailand, Guam, Korea and Australia also. Managed to get to Bangladesh (Dont Go), Japan, Malaysia and Taiwan. All cool places, except Bangladesh. Oki was a great place to have our daughter. Loved the pacific.

Active duty army here...will be 19 years in Jun. Spent the first half as a cavalry scout and the second half as part of a small cadre of Space Operations officers. Good to see so many with first responder and military backgrounds on here. Thanks to all here for your service!

Thanks to all who are working, cops, docs, grocery workers, medics, delivery folks, etc, so us Hi Riskers can stay inside, you are very much appreciated.
Myself 20 years Air Force 83-03, 9 years overseas plus deployments to Panama, the Middle East and the Balkans. Bought my first Mustang (Scarlet Red GT) through the BX new cars sales while in Spain in 1988, I still have it and bought a new Boss (Grabber Blue) 25 years later. Still working for the DoD as a civilian these days, guess I'll never learn.

TMO Supporting Vendors