The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Post Pics of your BOSS

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DigiCowboy said:
Also, love the Kona Blue. It is the first good shot I have seen of one, especially moving, except for that sig pic that keeps popping up all over this forum :eek:
What? ;D

I had thought about going the Corsa or Borla route at first, but Roush did it for me. Personally I love the sound, and it's also half the price. Granted, if you pay twice as much, I'm sure Corsas would simply sound amazing on the Boss as well. I would say that pretty much any after market axle back is the only real thing this car needs to make it sound like the Boss should. The stock axle backs are just far too tame for a car called the Boss.

Nccstud said:
No pics yet for me, but I took a few vids of it with the new exhaust on the back...

[

SOLD! I pulled the discs today, but then I had to go back and listen to your vid again. I think I am going to be ordering some Roush exhausts.
Plus, since we already put a set (Flowmaster Classic Thunder) on my son's GT and I already spent the extra hour figuring out the trick, I think I can put them on in less than half the time this go round.

Tip for axle back installs: Drop the H pipes, loosely hang the muffler, then put the tip end on the new exhaust and tighten everything up.

At first I thought they sent the wrong set and that there was no way they were going to line up. Flowmaster suggests loosening the H pipes, but dropping them all the way out gives you a much more freedom to line thing up.

I washed it today for the first time... It's been a long time, probably a decade since I really hand washed a car well. Tomorrow rolling with the Nor Cal Shelby Club to the Military Vehicle Technology Foundation. I'm optimistic that the collection will be the best I ever see of any kind anywhere! LINK: http://www.norcal-saac.org/news/MVTFTour.htm

Rumor has it the old man had a SCUD Missile launcher. A SCUD!

IMG_0882.jpg

IMG_0894.jpg

OMG was that place incredible. :eek: The fact that the vast majority of the vehicles were in restored condition made it amazing to see. Plenty of Shermans, Shoulder mount weapons. More than I can remember. Good thing I brought the iP4 to take pics! Sorry they're not really Boss related but hey you're not a real red blooded American if these don't bring you a smile. ;D

http://s561.photobucket.com/albums/ss54/FatDiesel/Military%20Vehicle%20Tour%206-25-11/

Here's a pic showing the Half Track from the Dirty Dozen, the motorcycle with sidecar from Indiana Jones, and the little motorcycle half track that Spielberg and Hanks came by to record sounds for Saving Private Ryan.

IMG_0946.jpg

Gotta love the Blue Angel model plane.

IMG_0943.jpg

Fun for days all lined up!

IMG_0932.jpg

IMG_0920.jpg

IMG_0918.jpg

IMG_0950.jpg

And the private security on hand to protect the car...

IMG_0898.jpg

Nccstud,

Did you install the ROUSH axle-backs yourself? I was wondering how easily they went in. American Muscle lists them as 'fit not verified'. I like them but do not want any install nightmares.

DigiCowboy said:
Nccstud,

Did you install the ROUSH axle-backs yourself? I was wondering how easily they went in. American Muscle lists them as 'fit not verified'. I like them but do not want any install nightmares.

No, I did not. Mostly out of laziness haha. Anyways, there are threads about putting them on 2011 GTs. If you know what you're doing the install will take you like 20 minutes. If you don't know what you are doing, it will take you like 45 to an hour. It is a very easy install. And I've not heard anyone having problems putting the Roush ones on a GT so you should be fine.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
DigiCowboy said:
Nccstud,

Any Axle-back that will fit an '11GT will fit the BOSS. Mid pipes are a different story due to the side exhaust.

ArizonaGT said:
Any Axle-back that will fit an '11GT will fit the BOSS. Mid pipes are a different story due to the side exhaust.

Thanks! I'm putting together my order list heheh(maniacal laugh). I am going to have to leave next weekend open ;D

..... So torn between the Roush and the FlowMaster

DigiCowboy said:
Thanks! I'm putting together my order list heheh(maniacal laugh). I am going to have to leave next weekend open ;D

..... So torn between the Roush and the FlowMaster

Get the Flowmaster. I have the Roush and then this way we can compare sounds :) Haha. I personally love the sound of my Roush mufflers, but everyone has their own opinions too. My wife says my car sounds like a big boat motor as it decels to low RPMs. I absolutely adore the sound. I find myself driving around and not upshifting just so that I can let off the gas to hear it decel 8)

TMO Supporting Vendors